♣Chapter 3♣

I got busy with my projects and presentations meanwhile preparing for my upcoming mid-term exams. Days went by, I had contained my excitement about my New York trip so that I could fully concentrate on my exams.

After days and nights of hard work and preparation I was at last done with my exams and I was totally exhausted to my bones, my body begging me for a much needed break.

The following evening dad announced that we are leaving for Chandigarh in the following next week to attend my cousin Mahira's upcoming wedding. We will be staying there for at least four days. 'Wow talk about the much needed break' my body screamed in happiness.

"Wow! api all our cousins will be gathered there, we would be meeting them after such a long time. It's really gonna be a great fun" Ziya chirped bouncing happily..I laughed at her in amusement.."God contain your excitement Ziya" Mom shouted chuckling at her excitement. "Mom it's Mahira di's wedding and most of all think of the fun we are gonna have over there. We all cousins will be getting together after such a long time. And I've already decided as to what all am I gonna wear for each function. Hell yeah!! there's gonna be so much fun." she squealed excitingly.

"Okay...Okay... have as much fun as you want but in your limits. I won't tolerate if you cross your limits Ziya. I trust your api as I know she always stays in her limits but you easily lose yourself. It's like feeding rats with the rum" I laughed at mom's idiom as Ziya glared at me angrily pouting her lips. "sorry..sorry...it's just that I couldn't control my laughter at mom's idiom" I said playfully, still laughing hard clutching my stomach as I look at Ziya's pouted lips..

"Mommyyyy........" Ziya complained looking at me...

"Adiva.!!!..." mom gave me a stern look failing miserably as she herself tried to control her laughter.

"Don't worry mom I am there with her and she won't cross her limits as bhai will always be keeping a watch on us" I assured mom while hugging Ziya from side. Ziya bobbed her head up and down while leaning her head on my shoulder.

Mom sighed before replying, "That's why I'm worried cause your dearest bhai is unfortunately busy due to the company's work and he won't be able to come with us."

"What? God! no... why can't he just take a leave for at least 2 days?" Ziya complained.."Yes mom I don't like going anywhere without bhai.." I whined. "I know dear, let's see if he winds up his work within this week than, we all will be leaving together otherwise we can't do anything." Mom replied.

"Common now both of you, off to sleep" mom said lovingly patting our heads before going towards her and dad's room.

The following week passed by, in selecting our clothes on what to wear on different functions and packing them respectively in our bags.

It was quite chilly in Chandigarh as our flight landed in the morning. We exited the airport to see uncle waiting for us with his car. We ran towards him excitedly as he hugged us. "How are you all?" he inquired "Alhumdulillah great" dad replied. "Reyhan didn't come?" uncle asked. "No he got busy with his work and someone has to be there to take care of business while we both are away" Pa replied waving his hand between him and dad.

"Oh I see... It's been a long time when we saw him last.. I wish he was there with us" uncle sighed. "Anyways get in the car all of them are waiting excitedly for you people" he said as we got into the car.

The house was beautifully decorated for the wedding...I can see our whole extended family waiting for us at the entrance as the car entered the gate. We all were too excited to meet each other after such a long time. Everyone inquired about bhai's absence even, we both were missing him.