♣Chapter 13♣

"Done!" I exclaim, dusting my hands dramatically. "Whew! At last!" Riya sighs. "I still don't understand Adiva, what was the need to waste half of your day, painting a picture as a gift for that hottie, while you could have just bought a gift for him from the mall as you did for the others?" She exclaims munching on her cookies. "And what was the need for him to go all the way round and take me to his home while he could have just admitted me in any hospital?" I ask and sigh as I try to explain, "I know Riya, you are right at your place, but buying a gift does not convey your emotions, as you can do by pouring all your emotions on the canvas. And you do know I don't like carrying the burden of someones favor on me. So, don't you think I should thank him by displaying my gratitude in the best way possible?" Riya rolls her eyes. "Whatever" She mutters. "But don't you think it was actually him returning the favor by saving your life and not the other way round?"

Yesterday at the mall, I had actually gone through many gifts for Khristina's brother but, none of them pleased me. I was about to give up when an idea popped in my mind. 'Why not pour your emotions on the canvas with the help of colors as a sign of gratitude, rather than looking for some proper gift which I don't think would convey my thanks the way I mean it?' And that's why I bought the canvas board. I already had my coloring accessories. I just had to bring my emotions on the board.

So here I am, looking at my work with a satisfactory smile on my face. I had painted 'A red rose in a glass' I don't know why I thought of it, but nonetheless I poured it on the canvas.

 I had painted 'A red rose in a glass' I don't know why I thought of it, but nonetheless I poured it on the canvas

It is 5 in the evening and I go through all the gifts that are to be taken to the party. I had already gift wrapped the painting as soon as I confirmed that it was completely dried and there were no any wet traces of paint. Me and Riya had packed our luggage's yesterday itself. Though we were completely exhausted after the shopping but, we did not want it to keep it for last minute.

I take a bath to get ready for the party. I wear a gray colored gown that has purple rose over it and match it with a gray colored hijab with a jewellery head band to go with my hijab. I apply some mascara and eyeliner for my eyes, light powder on my face and I chose a pink lip gloss for my lips. I twirl around in front of the mirror giving a last look to my attire before calling Riya to get ready soon.

                                                             (Adiva's gown for the party)