41 | B L E S S I N G S

Start bij het begin

Be kind to yourselves.

Sincerely,

Dad.

___

Noah was a proud man as he watched Rosa walk the stage to receive her dimploma. She had started school late and somehow managed to do exceedingly well in each area of her education, including physical education.

He was even prouder to have some how found his way into the venue of Rosa's special day. He admired how beautiful she looked in the white dress and little crystal tiara, even if it was from a distance. When she got up to do the dance she had been practicing for weeks with him almost two years ago, waltzing around with a nerdy looking kid in glasses, his pride never lessened. It only grew.

He remembered the day they had decided to learn how to dance together.

It had been a warm but breezy day, a scoop of icecream each in the cardboard cups they held while they talked.

"What's something you've always wanted to do, Noah?" Rosa asked as she swept his hair back with her hand.

He was quiet for a moment. "I've always wanted to purchase a motorcycle. A real big, extravagant one. Add some chrome maybe. I'd get the gloves and the whole suit. I used to have a little scram back in South Africa. It was second hand, but I fixed it up real good and stole a few parts from different bikes knowing it was a bad idea. Bad idea but fun memories were made. I miss riding."

"What's stopping you from doing it now?" She asked quietly and he shrugged.

"I've got a nice sports car. I don't exactly need it. And i'm getting a bit too old. I know i'm not as fearless and stupid as I was twelve years ago," he chuckled deeply and shook his head as if his memories were unbelievable. "What about you, hm?"

"I've always wanted to learn an old dance of some sort. Waltz.. maybe. Just so I can say I know a skill that's totally useless to any normal person walking alongside me on a street."

"Well.. i'll learn waltz with you so it's not completely useless. You can dance with me. And then i'll take you to swing lessons one day.. you'd look beautiful twisting around on a dance floor, the center of attention. All dolled up and pretty. My girl.."

"My girl," he whispered to himself as he watched Rosa gracefully move and twirl across the floor in her pretty white graduation dress.

He couldn't help but wonder if he'd ever be able to see her in white again - but in a more extravangant dress. And saying their wedding vows.

The thought had stunned him and he was forced to get up and head out for some air.

Noah had been seriously considering marrying the young girl and she was only just graduating highschool.

But did that matter? He was so deeply in love. Even after not seeing her for so long, his heart still warmed at the sight of her. His thoughts still lingered on her before he fell asleep. She was still a priority.

And the two had only ever been bettering each other. Never changing. Just improving.

He ran a stressed hand through his hair and shook his head, attempting to clear his thoughts just as slim arms wrapped around his torso from behind and he was jolted out of his thoughts, his eyes widening a bit. "Baby.." he breathed out and lips pressed to his shoulder blade through the thin material of his black dress shirt.

How had she managed to hug him as if almost fourteen months of distance and silence hadn't passed between the two of them.

A few more moments passed between them as Noah just stood there, tall and domineering. Rosa, small and sweet.

Him in black. Her in white.

So beautiful.

So bitter sweet.

Noah cleared his throat - the silence had to be broken eventually.

"You still have a habit of not saying hi, hm?" He felt her smile against his shoulder blade and he let out an airy chuckle, his heart aching and warming all at the same time.

Was it possible she could break his heart and heal it all at once?

"Hi... did you see me dance?"

"I did," he nodded before slowly turning around to look at her. His eyes lingered on her face and he swallowed slowly, not expecting to be hit with such emotion. "Oh.. forgive me, sweet girl," he said as he took her pretty face into trembling, veiny hands. A soft drizzle of rain began to come down around them but it did little to hide the single tear that ran down his cheek and over the scruff covering his sharpened jaw.

Her hands wrapped around his wrists as she gazed up at him with her green eyes, the chill of his watch being pressed down under the weight of her hand being the only thing that kept him present.

She had matured even further. But she was the most beautiful thing he had seen.

Rosalina took his breath away.

"You were gorgeous," he said in reply to her comment about her dancing before his eyes trailed over her figure slowly, with care. Every inch of her had to be memorized, just in case it was all just a wonderful dream. A sick, beautiful trick only angels could come up with. "You are gorgeous," he breathed out and she smiled softly, a small exhale leaving her lips when he traced his thumb over her cheek slowly.

"I'm eighteen now.." she said quietly and he let out a small laugh, wishing that the number suddenly resolved every one of their problems. But it did not the erase the time they spent apart, nor the rumors and stories and history between them.

This - whatever it was. Whatever it could be. It had to be taken care of. Rebuilt with care. Love. And honesty.

And Noah now had the letters and approval to do that.

He smiled down at her and then pressed a lingering kiss to her forehead.

"How i've missed you, my love."