"Look Mikey, I know you're trying to help but it's my life and I can choose to have whoever I want in it. I just got here and I don't want to fight so can we just drop it? God! You sound like Dad!" I raise my voice.

"Alright i'm sorry. Just forget I mentioned anything about it. Look, tonight I'm going over to my friend Ashton's house. A few of my friends are gonna be there too. Wanna come? It's sort of a summer start up party."

"I don't know..I was supposed to call Ian later on and i'm kinda tired." I say.

After 5 minutes of Michael practically begging me to go with him, I gave in.

"Great, be ready by 7." He says as he shut my door.

I figured I'd call Ian now so he wouldn't get worried later on. It rang multiple times before going to voice mail. I furrowed my brows. That's weird. Ian always answers my calls. I called a few more times only to be sent to voice mail again. I decided to just text him.

To Ian: Hey. I don't know why you're not answering my calls but I'm going out with my brother tonight so I won't be able to call you later on. xx

A few minutes passed and my phone buzzed.

From Ian: k

K? K?! He freaking K'd me? I decided to not even reply. He was probably in one of his moods. Every so often Ian would get mad for no apparent reason and be a complete jerk to me. I'd learned it was best to steer clear of him while he was like this. I pushed it all out of my mind as I went to get ready for the party.

I put on my short denim shorts and a white crocheted tank top. I straightened my long hair and applied some eye makeup and a bit of concealer. I finished much too early so I just went downstairs to watch TV. After what felt like years of watching One Tree Hill re runs, it was finally 7.

"Mikey, are we going?" I call from the bottom of the stairs. Michael came flying down the stairs.

"Let's go." He says as he gets his keys. We get in the car and begin to drive.

"So how many people are going to be there exactly?" I ask.

"Not that many. Just my closest friends."

We soon pull up to a fairly large house. We get out of the car and go up to the door. I was about to knock but Michael just opened the door.

"PARTY'S HERE!" Michael shouts, causing me to roll my eyes playfully.

A boy approached us laughing at Michael's entrance.

"Yeah, the party definitely is here." He says looking at me with a smirk. That made me feel uncomfortable.

"That's my sister you dick!" Michael says, slapping the boy on the back of the head.

"Shit man, sorry!" The boy says laughing.

"I'm Ashton." He says with a smile.

"May."

"Alright well come on in and meet everyone."

I follow Ashton and Michael down to the basement where everyone was. "

This is Cora, Luke, Harry and--" Michael says before I cut him off.

"Calum?" I ask as I look at the boy sitting on the couch.

It was the same boy I sat beside on the plane.

"May?" He asks standing up from the couch.

Everyone looked confused by now.

"You two know each other?" Michael asks.

"Yeah kinda. We sat beside each other on the plane ride here from Melbourne." Calum explains.

"Small world." I chuckle.

I sit down and begin to talk to everyone. They were all really nice. I couldn't help but notice how attractive they all were. My brother sure knows how to pick hot friends.

I look over at Michael to see him making out with Cora. I raise an eyebrow and look around.

"You'll get used to that." A voice says as they sat beside me on the floor.

It was Luke. I had never met him before tonight, but Michael talked about him constantly. They were practically brothers, at least that's what Michael tells me.

I look up at him and immediately took notice of his blue eyes. And lip ring. He was really attractive.

"Are they together?" I ask him.

"They always say they hate each other, but then every time they see each other they can't keep their hands to themselves." Luke chuckles.

I nod, trying to understand how weird my brother was. My phone buzzes but I choose to ignore it.

"You'd think he'd be embarrassed to make out with some girl right in front of his sister though." I laugh lightly.

My phone buzzes again.

"Yeah, you'd think. But hey, this is Michael we're talking about." We both laugh.

My phone buzzes again. and again.

"Aren't you gonna get that?" Luke asks me, referring to my buzzing phone in my pocket. I nod and take my phone out.

From Ian: Where the fuck are you?

From Ian: Are you at a party?

From Ian: It's late. go home.

From Ian: Better not be cheating on me.

I furrow my brows. He was definitely drunk. Ian was an extremely angry drunk. I decide to reply before he calls to most likely scream at me.

To Ian: Would you relax? I'm out with my brother, as I told you before.

"Everything okay?" Luke asks me.

"Yeah, just great." I sigh. I hate when Ian acted like that.

"I'm gonna go get some more drinks from the cooler outside, want to come?" Luke asks.

I hesitate at first but nod and follow him outside.

----------------------------------------

A/N: alright so I know it's kind of boring right now but I hate fanfics that just jump right everything so I want to kind of ease into things. Hope you're enjoying so far though! vote comment and all that shit ok xx