Where is He?

Third Person's POV

Meanwhile, back at Rivendell, Elrond spoke with his daughter. It had been a couple of days since Aragorn had left. They had not received word from Mirkwood saying that they had arrived there safely, and Arwen began to worry.

"Father, have you received word yet?" She inquired.

Lord Elrond sighed, "Arwen, dear, there has been no news. I sent out an elf scout earlier, and we will not know until he returns. I'm sorry, but I'm sure that Aragorn is fine. He is very strong and brave. Don't worry. They will return. All will be well." He tried to console his daughter.

Arwen sat down on a chair, "All right. I will trust you. It is just hard to wait whilst not knowing."

"I understand, my dear, but that is all we can do. We must be patient."

A couple hours later

"My Lord! My Lord!" A voice called for Lord Elrond. Arwen and Elrond were both sitting in his study reading, when an elf rushed in. More specifically, the elf scout.

Both of them looked up to the panting elf and rose. They looked at him expectantly. "I have the news from Mirkwood, my lord. King Thranduil himself told me that they had not received any of our elves into Mirkwood."

"Are you sure?" Elrond questioned.

"Yes. His son Legolas also confirmed it. Our convoy that we sent out, has not returned. On the way back, I scouted the roadsides looking for them. I came across an old camp which looked dirty and ruined as if a battle had taken place. Searching then some more, I have come to a conclusion." both Elrond and Arwen held their breathes.

"Go on! Tell us!" Elrond commanded.

"I believe that orcs ambushed them when they were resting. To my belief, they were all taken. There were no bodies at the camp so I am not sure, but it looked that way." the elf finished.

Arwen sat back down and closed her eyes.

"You are dismissed." Elrond excused the elf. "Thank you."

"Your welcome, my lord." Then, the elf walked away. Elrond rested his hand on his daughter.

She began sobbing, "He...he's...gone. He's probably dead! Oh why did I let him go?"

"Arwen," Elrond commanded, "you can't think like that! It was not your fault! You couldn't have stopped him and you know it! Remember, Estel is a strong man. He can make it! I know he can! We mustn't lose hope, okay?"

Arwen quieted down and wiped her tears, "Okay. I will do my best."

Sorry for such a short chapter, I have been mainly focusing on my Little Legolas stories right now. But thanks for reading it!

Ithildaeforever <3