Chapter 5

–Planet Reeb–

Later that evening, Goku and Hit had made their way to Planet Reeb via Hexahedron, with Fuhai hiding in the latter's shadow. The trip was prompt and mostly uneventful, although Goku seemed excited at the prospect of saving someone from somewhere again, though who could blame him? He hadn't experienced something like that since childhood, and he also couldn't wait to put the necklace he had gotten to the test.

However, Hit and Fuhai were not as enlivened as the Saiyan, and stayed quiet for the most part of the trip (although the assassin was rather interested in Goku's childhood tales and adventures filled with wonder and mystery).

It didn't take too long for them to reach the designated planet, and it took even less to reach the building where Hit's sister had lived in for the past 950 years, especially since Hit knew the quickest route to it.

When they reached their destination, Goku didn't seem too impressed with the exterior. It was dull and grey with multiple windows. He was interested in the height, which went above the clouds, although the Saiyan was just about able to see the symbol on the building, which was a gold circle with the letters 'K' and 'I' merged into one.

"Is this it?" Goku asked.

Hit nodded, a hint of anger shown in his stoic features no matter how hard he tried to placate his emotions, "Yes. This is Korpal Industries, the home of blackmail, deceit, and the man who runs the entire solar system."

Goku sweated at the lack of flair, "Y'know, for someone who runs the entire solar system, he doesn't show it."

"His grandfather certainly did..." Hit muttered under his breath, and Fuhai couldn't help but smirk at that.

Oh? Is that spite I hear? Never knew an assassin like you could have such animus towards a single person. Makes me wonder what's truly going through your mind...

Well you won't be getting any answers from me. This is merely a temporary partnership. Once the job's done, so is this collaboration. Though I can't help but wonder why you're so curious about me... and how you know so much about me.

I've always been interested in people's stories and their mindset towards those stories. They say the past doesn't define you and that what you do next does. But doesn't the future inevitably become the past?

For an oddity like yourself, you're quite the poet.

What can I say? I've lived in this world for as long as you have, maybe even longer. You tend to pick up quite a few things.

In any case, you should begin your side of the plan.

Straight to the point, eh? I like it.

When the the mental conversation ended, Fuhai jumped away. As they did so, Goku began to transform, his hair spiking upwards and his eyes and hair shone a brilliant blue and an aura surrounded him, blessing his body with divinity. This was Super Saiyan Blue, the Super Saiyan of Super Saiyan God, if you will.

"Wouldn't your red–haired form consume less stamina?" Hit inquired, remembering the Saiyan's first godly state. He recognised that, although it was weaker, it consumed much less energy than its blue counterpart. The mechanical guards weren't worth that much power, right?

Goku acknowledged this and turned to Hit, "Yeah, but I've become more used to this form. And thanks to special training, the stamina loss ain't that much compared to before. Besides, I like blue!"

The Saiyan's face quickly changed to one of confusion, looking around the area, "So... where's this 'associate' of yours?"

Hit smirked, "Give them a few seconds, they're still getting ready."