Cookies and LSD

1983

October 6th, 7:08pmKirk's house

October 6th, 7:08pm
Kirk's house

Chapter 14: Cookies and LSD

Determined to stick to our plan to hang out the whole weekend, I walk up to Kirk's front door.

We did stuff on Friday and Saturday but now it's Sunday and I haven't seen him all day. I figure after the drive-in movie last night that we were both too tired to do anything major.

I knock and a few seconds later I hear someone rushing to the door. His mother opens the door and immediately upon seeing me, she pulls me into a tight hug.

"Hi, Chefela!"

"Wednesday! It's been too long since I saw you!" she says, her arms still wrapped firmly around me.

"We had dinner just a few days ago," I say, my air circulation starting to cut off.

She pulls out of the hug and puts her hands on my arms, "Yes, yes, but you must come more often!"

I simply give her a smile and nod, "Is Kirk home?"

"Ah, your boyfriend is in his room playing guitar right now," she gives me an incredibly obvious wink and walks with me towards Kirk's room.

"We're not toge-"

"I can't tell you how many times that boy has almost left the house to go see you," she rolls her eyes and grins before quietly laughing.

"Almost?" I don't really understand what she means by that.

"Well, he thought that he would annoy you. Boys can be very stupid sometimes."

To that, I can only laugh. Kirk could never annoy me like that.

"Ok, you go inside and I'll bring a snack for you," she pats my back and then hurries to the kitchen.

I wait for a second and listen to the sound coming from inside his room. He's in the middle of a solo from a song that sounds really familiar...Seek & Destroy!!

I push open the door, scaring him I guess because he hits the wrong string and jumps back in his seat.

His head snaps in my direction and he lets out a sigh of relief, "You scared the living hell out of me!"

"Oh come on, you watch horror movies religiously and this scares you?" I laugh and walk over to him.

"So, how many times?" I ask, teasing him.