Curiosity killed the cat and it will kill me too

1983

October 1st 1:08pmSome deserted park

October 1st 1:08pm
Some deserted park

Chapter 8: Curiosity killed the cat and it will kill me too

After 10 minutes of running and small pauses to catch our breath, we reach the place I lead us to. We stand for a minute, admiring the scenery, before we continue running into the park.

I brought us to an old deserted park in the woods. There is a trail around where Kirk lives that not a lot of people know about. The trail leads to this park. It is slightly uphill but that makes for a great view.

It isn't a normal park with playground equipment and things. In the middle of the park is two large but very shallow pools, the water only ever reaches your knees. There are fountains in the middle of each pool. The surface of the water is almost completely covered in algae, leaves and lily flowers.

In front of the pools is higher ground with benches and a gazebo. There are steps which lead to them.

The area is surrounded with trees, everywhere expect for one large area beside one of the pools. The trees open up to reveal a spectacular view of the town.

"This is where you are going to murder me isn't it?" Kirk asks as he pants.

I laugh and nudge him with my elbow before starting to jogging towards the steps. "Come on, I wanna show you something!"

He follows behind me. We jog up the steps and into the gazebo. I get on my knees and reach my hand under the gazebo bench and pull out a box. I pick it up and sit on the bench, patting the bench signaling for Kirk to sit next to me.

"What's that?" he asks.

"Well, this is my spot," I bring my hand up gesturing the area around us, "and I come here whenever I'm sad or want to get any from stuff or you know, whenever I feel like it. It gets real quiet up here so I have some CD's and a CD player in this box."

"Oh cool! Let me see the collection."

I open the box and hand it over to him.

"Those are great but you know," I pull out a CD from my jacket, "we never listened to the new Ozzy album." I wave it in front of him and take the CD player from the box and plop the CD in.

We sit and listen to the whole album. Through the whole 40 minutes we talk about each solo, each riff and give each other our thoughts. By the end both of us were really digging it.

"That was really good!!" I say.

"Yeah!" he says.