Chapter 6

Ryan PoV
It was the next day and I was determined with my idea to make Brendon feel like a normal human. I tapped my way to school, ears pricked for any cars or people.

I made it to the gates and walked to my locker. I didn't have a combination lock as, evidently, I couldn't see. I put the key in and the lock sprung into my hand.
I felt the front of my books, reading in search for English.

I lifted out my books and walked to my class, attempting not to hit people. I was really quite early so I got out my iPod and pressed play, letting my iPod chose the songs I couldn't see. I smiled as Holiday by Green Day came on and relaxed into my seat, soaking in the music.

I had listened to about 7 songs when I was tapped on the shoulder. I spun around, ripping out my earphones. I heard the culprit chuckle and immediately knew it was

"Brendon!" I complained. I shoved him and he just laughed more, rolling his chair into the seat beside me,

"How ya doin Ry?" He said in a weird accent. Bastard was trying to confuse me. I turned to him and hit him on what I hoped was his shoulder, he stopped laughing. Shit. He started to say something,

"What was that?" I asked him, I heard him sigh, then chuckle a little,

"Next time try not to molest me, Ross." He said and I could feel my cheeks turn cherry red. I struggled to find a response,

"I-I wow. I'm really, really sorry Bren," I stuttered. Bren? Really Ryan? God I'm an idiot. But Brendon continued to chuckle,

"It's fine Ryan." He said, I could hear the smirk he had on his face. I was about to tell him my witty come back when the bell rang (at least, that's what I'm going to say happened).

Brendon and I headed to the music room after class and met the guys. Mikey's mom had made cookies for everyone and Mikey handed them out to everyone, even Brendon.

I ate my cookie while the guys talked. I contemplated what was worse, not being able to see my friends or family, or being Spencer and not being able to hear them or hear music. I went with both.

It's an awful world we live in where people like my friends and I are treated like scum or as if we are helpless. A disgraceful place where no one can be themselves and be accepted. It's a cruel world, and I would give anything to change that.