Chapter 1

This is an edited and rough version of the first chapter, that went missing at some point. I apologise.
Brendon's PoV

I can't believe I'm going along with this. I must be insane.

My mom forces me to get into the car and she tries to convince me that I'll enjoy it. I won't.

I haven't gone back to school since the accident. I didn't want to go back at all.

Stopping right beside the front door, my mom rubs my shoulder in comfort.

"You'll do great Brendon." Lies, I'm going back to hell, and better yet, a hell filled with disabled kids. Just my luck.

My mom appears beside my window in the car with my wheelchair in hand. Yeah, I can't walk.

My legs are paralysed, and well. One doesn't exist anymore. I don't tend to reminisce on that now.

I slip into my wheelchair and shove my mom away.

"Good luck today sweetie, I'll pick you up after school." She says as I put on some gloves to protect my hands from the wheels. I spin around to look at my grey bricked hell, my mom speeding off to work.

Shit. Why did I decide to do this?!

I scan the entrance and find that, despite this being a school for the disabled, I still have to use a different exit, away from the main entrance. What disabled school doesn't have wheelchair access everywhere?!

I sigh as I roll my way up the ramp and through the doors. They lead me straight into a quiet reception area.

I pull up beside the front desk, which is taller than my crippled form.

I wait.

And wait.

And wait. For fucks sakes...

"Excuse me!" I spit loudly, a middle aged woman leaning over the desk to stair down at me.

"Oh! Hello dear, didn't see you there! How can I help you?" She says, a soft, kind voice. I don't like her.

"I'm new. Brendon Urie. I need a schedule." I say in monotone. She grins.

"Of course! I have them here!" She says, handing me three pieces of paper and a plastic card.

"Okay, this is your map of the school, this is you instruction leaflet for teachers and this is your schedule!" Her excitement is annoying. "And the card is your elevator card, it means if you need to get to the top floor you can use the elevator without any hassle." I nod and mutter my thanks.

Balancing the map on my knee and working out where my class is, I start to wheel myself down the corridor.

I'm not really paying attention, but after making a few turns, someone bumps into me.

And they collapse flat out on the floor. What the hell? Over dramatic much? Books and supplies and some weird stick fly from his grasp as he lies sprawled out on the floor.

I try to see if the guy who fell over is okay, but he's staying flat in the floor.

"Umm, are you alright?" I ask, the stranger nods and asks a question.

"Could you hand me the black stick I dropped?" I hand him the stick. What the hell's up with this guy? He doesn't even apologise for running into someone in a wheelchair.

Then he starts to tap about. He's blind. Shit, I'm so inconsiderate.

The boy finds his feet and straightens himself. He then starts to tap at my wheel chair. After a few taps, I start to get annoyed. Just as I'm about to say something, he speaks.

"I'm very sorry for hitting you." He says, soft, soothing voice. I smile, though he can't see it.

"No it's my fault, I wasn't looking where I was going." I reply. He nods, extending a hand.

"Ryan Ross, blind." He states, I take his hand in mine and shake.

"Brendon Urie. One useless leg, one non existent leg." I confirm and he smiles. I don't even feel offended. What's with this guy.

"So Brendon, is it your first day?" He asks. And I nod, before mentally slapping myself.

"Yeah, it's my first day." I smile.

"Welcome to hell, kid. What's your first class?" He asks, I check through my schedule again.

"English." I confirm.

"Brilliant! We're in the same class." He fumbles with his stick before turning to me again. By now he had collected his books, with a little help and direction from me.

"Brendon, here's my thoughts. With your ability to locate and guide people through the power of vision, and my knowledge of this building, I think we could get to class together without causing another accident." I like his smile, and his idea.

"That sounds perfect." I say, Ryan holding onto the handles of my wheelchair, him telling me instructions, me directing my chair, and him, safely through the school.

"We did it!" I say as we get to the classroom, and turn to high five Ryan, but realise that won't work and simply smile at his satisfied expression and wandering eyes.

He's pretty cute for a guy.

"Well we're going to be late, let's go in." He says, holding the door open for me.

I could like this guy.