Chapter 45

Akruti Arora

I gasped looking at the decors. There's a path which is decorated with yellow LED bulbs. I followed the lights to see where it was guiding me. Viewing the decors in front of me was good enough to make me dizzy. I again gasped looking at the decors. 

This time the path was made of marble flooring and candles where lit on either side making it beautiful. There were trees with ample leaves standing on either side majestically, with fairy lanterns enhancing their beauty.  I also saw small pots of yarrow flowers and carnation plants making the place even more wonderful.

The minute I stepped on the marble pathway, I heard Viren's voice in the background. 

"On this day, 24 years before a little baby girl was born, who was made just for me. When she was born, I was a little jealous that she stole everyone's attention, including my grandparents."

I chuckled hearing this and I continued walking as he was speaking.

"Since I wanted everyone's attention back then I did something stupid. I pinched her once when she was a baby. She cried loudly that everyone came to her room. I tried shushing the baby. But she didn't budge. When I tried to shush her by keeping my palm on her mouth, she immediately grabbed my index finger and calmed down that instant."

I laughed at hearing this. Seriously this guy!

"That day I noticed her well for the first time. She was just like an angel which my mother used to mention. My Pari. My parents always loved her. I had a crush on her at that time. With time, I grew protective and possessive of her. I secretly admired her."

As I was walking, I saw the photos of my childhood being projected. There was one picture, which made me cry. It was the picture of Viren, Sharav, Preeti, and I along with Vinesh dad and Pranita mom.

"But I lost my angel. After seventeen years I saw my  Pari again, in an unexpected way. I didn't know it was her at that time. She entered my life and started creating havoc. My heart always beats rapidly whenever I see her. I tried to get away from her. But she's as sweet as nectar of a flower, which attracts bees to them. I couldn't get away from her."

I smiled hearing his words. Now I was impatiently waiting to see him. To run into his arms. To hug him. Kiss the hell out of him. 

"At our Paris trip, I came to know that I like her. But my heart made me remember that I liked her way before. She unknowingly became the pill to my wound. My happy pill. But this girl calls me Mr.Hoity-Toity, Pompous and what not!".

Saying this he huffed and I chuckled at his words. I couldn't control my flowing tears. Even though I dabbed them, they kept on flowing like a cascade.

"When I came to know who she really was, I couldn't be happier. But I was kinda angry at her that she chose to hide from me. I came to know everything only after she left me. I died every day without her. She's my breath for me to live."

At this, I was standing near the white screen which kept projecting pictures of me with everyone. There were even pictures of me and Viren. There was one picture, where I was standing shocked. My eyes and mouth in perfect 'O' shape 'cause, he was kissing my cheek from behind, by hugging me. I focussed when I heard his voice again.

"And today she's her bearing all my mood swings. I can't Thank God enough for sending you in my life. Thanks for coming in my life, my Pari, my happy pill."

I kept crying. I don't care how I was looking currently. All that mattered to me was the man who kept on speaking. I was determined to tell him, that I love him