Chapter 38

Akruti Arora

I arrived at Nila's apartment after thirty minutes. The reason I tell is the traffic jam. Knocking the door of her apartment, I halted for her to open the door. A tired Nila opened the door. Locking the door behind us, I handed the food, I bought for her.

"How are you feeling now?", I asked her. She turned to me and smiled.

"Now that you're here, I'm very much fine", she replied. "And one more thing, you can go now"

Hearing this I was shocked. What the hell!?. "You just called me here to deliver your food?", I asked her in disbelief. I left Viren alone with my crazy family, and she, damn I don't wanna talk about it. 

"Yes. And it was Sahil Anna's idea. He wanted to have a man to man talk with Viren. So he called me and asked you to come here", saying this she shrugged her shoulders like it was not a big deal. 

"You guys are a sadist. You know my family is crazy and dad was trying to act stern. God, you guys are unbelievable.", saying this I left her apartment and that girl was laughing out loud. 

"All the best girl", I heard Nila's shout. Smiling I left her apartment's premises. I couldn't help but laugh thinking about Viren's condition at home now. I wonder how he's dealing with them. 

I reached home, and the scene in front of me left speechless. Viren along with my family was laughing about something, without any care. Seeing him, like this made my heart burst with happiness. To make them aware of my presence, I cleared my throat. They instantly sobered, and all looked at me innocently. 

But Viren was smiling at me, with the they-love-me look. Shaking my head at him, I entered inside and sat beside Viren. He was looking at me with all the love pouring from his eyes. I wonder how wonderful it'll be when he too will love me back. Sighing at my thought, I turned towards Sahil and glared at him. But he was smirking at me. 

"You idiot Sahil, just because you can have a man to man talk with him, you sent me to Nila's home.", I was literally fuming at him. 

"Yeah! I've to do that. Else you'll act all like a spy kid and hear what Viren and I are discussing. So I need to do that. And FYI your boyfriend is fit and fine. We didn't do anything to him. ", Sahil replied grinning at me. I was about to reply to him back when mum cut me off.

"Okay, now enough this bickering. My poor son will get tired of it. Let's go and have our lunch", saying this she got up from the seat and others followed her suit. I just huffed in response. We all sat in our respective chairs. Dad sat on the head chair, Mom towards his right, and next to mom, sat Sahil.

While Viren and I sat left of dad. "Mom, you always do this. Whenever I'm about to reply Sahil back, you save him", I told her with an annoyed tone. Sahil was smirking at me, whilst sipping his water. 

"Who told you that, I was talking about Sahil", Mom's reply made me look at her wide-eyed, whilst Sahil chocked on drinking. 

"Mom you have another son?", I asked her unsure, and Sahil was looking at with horror-filled eyes. I really wanted to laugh at him, but the situation made me shoo that away. Turning, I saw my Dad giving me a knowing look, whilst Viren was smiling at her. I wonder why?

"Yeah!! Brand-new one. Everyone meet my brand-new son Viren Khanna", mom said this in the most dramatic way. I was looking between mom and Viren with my mouth forming a perfect O shape. 

"Thanks, mom", this time I coughed badly and questioned them. "When did this all happen?".

"When you were on our way to Nila's home", dad replied and all I could say was 'Oh'. Turning my head towards Sahil, I questioned him. "You idiot, you were right here when mom accepted Viren as her son right?".