Chapter 1

Akruti Arora

" No...no leave her please leave her.....let her go....", I saw a man screaming and crying, while I saw a girl standing aside with tears rolling down her face. Sweat beads formed on the girl's forehead,  trying to figure out what is happening around her. I kept looking at her. She cried seeing them killing them mercilessly.

Sensing that they are searching for her, I saw the girl, trying to flee from them, when someone's hand grabbed her saving from them. I saw her running, away with a man and women around 50s in a car, whilst hearing gunshots being shot.

I followed them to see what's happening. Turning around the girl saw them hounding them, while the car banged on the tree, the girl, man, and woman jumped and hid from them.

I kept my focus on the girl, who saw them throwing their dead bodies and continued to shoot on them, whilst the girl got injured on her head while jumping. I dreaded the scene.

" NO....NO....PLEASE LEAVE THEM...PLEASE LEAVE THEM" I yelled while I heard a faint voice calling me. 

"Akruti...Akruti...wake up....listen to my voice and take deep breaths in and out with me....listen to my voice...Akru....child please hear me out", when I finally opened my eyes I saw my Nani (maternal grandmother), Madhurima Singh trying to wake me up from my nightmare/ panic attack.

"Akru... are you alright child?" asked my Nani. Nodding my head to her question I laid my head on her lap. Her old yet soft fingers started brushing my scalp, she asked " Again the same one", I just hummed.

 She sighed on hearing my response, "Nani are you sure it's just my dream and nothing else? I felt that it was genuine " I said and my Nani went stiff.

"You guys hiding anything from me about this? I feel like you people are hiding something from me" I questioned her.

"No dear, we're not keeping anything from you? And why do feel like we're hiding something from you?" she replied. I just shrugged my shoulder in answer.

"Maa...Maa, what are you...oh,so you both are having Grandma- granddaughter time huh? Maa I sent you here to wake her up not to chit-chat with her", said my mother Deeksha Singh Arora. She was about to speak again but when she noticed my pale-face she knew what happened.

 "Try to forget about it dear, for us? Please!! Now go freshen up and try to relax...okay?" she said and I just nodded my head. 

"You and Sahil can go for an outing only, keyword "only" after unpacking your things got it?" she threatened me jokingly.

"Aye, aye captain" I mock saluted her.

"What is wrong with you...my sweet little girl has wakened just now, and instantly you started giving her morning lecture..so bad..so bad", my Nani started her drama. This the ladies of my family guys...overdramatic queens.

'Sigh, nothing can be done since I'm their daughter / grand-daughter and the same thing flows in my blood too.'

"Haw... Is my mama hurt, so sad, tsk- tsk...well I'm sorry, not sorry" replied my mother, she can be sarcastic sometimes, yup just sometimes.

'Note the sarcasm in my voice tribe'.

"Is this how you talk to your mother,  ' your mother'?? ", my Nani emphasized on the word 'your mother' and gasp dramatically. I think it's best to interfere now.

"Okay, guys stop right there, I seriously don't wanna watch any soap opera early in the morning, so if guys can move out I can get ready for the day. So girls please excuse me", I said, whilst folding my blanket and then made way to my bathroom.

I heard them two gasps loudly and dramatically and again started their bickering, pointing out each other for my behavior.

' These two' I thought and chuckled.

After finishing my morning chores and got dressed up in jeggings and black T-shirt, went down for breakfast.

'Smells delicious'. I thought went to the dining room. There may Nanu (maternal grandfather), Dheeraj Singh was sitting at the head table, to his right sat my father, Navjot Arora, to his left my mom. To my grandfather's left sat my grandmother, then the next seat occupied by my elder brother Sahil. I greeted everyone and took my seat next to Sahil.

Soon after eating the breakfast my nanu and dad started talking about business since they're gonna handle business from here.

So bad!! Silly me, we moved here a week ago to Mumbai. We lived in Delhi with my whole family, even though my grandparent's native is Punjab. My family is a joint family with my father's two younger brothers' families and my both maternal and paternal grandparents. I did my MBA at Cardiff Metropolitan University, Wales. After completing my education, all my family members thought I was eligible for working in our company 'DK&co' as COO. Like seriously, without any experience direct COO post.

I denied them, and said 'I need to gain some experience then only I'll join our company, and also I wanna work in Mumbai'. After hearing this all hell broke loose. My overprotective family denied saying, 'You're not going anywhere. Coming to India after a year, again  you are planning to stay away from family' was the reply from them.

After lots of begging and buttering they agreed but with a condition.

----------------

Did you guys like the First chapter?? let me know about it...

Nani - Maternal grandmother
Nana / Nanu - Maternal grandfather

Do show your love by votes and comments....and do share the book if you like it...

His Hush Hush Girlजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें