Goodbye (Chapter Fourteen)

The night was cold, empty and quite, the lake is calm, the trees and bushes seemed at peace, no signs of waving creature and trees, thought it was cold. The cottage was warm, inside was my mom and dad, my brother, Emily’s mom and her, my dad grilled some hotdogs on the terraces while Emily talk to my brother inside and mom talked to Mrs. Scantsone. I focus my attention to the very steel lake, it seemed that no creature living in there, it was very steel, calm, serine, then from a far a small wave approaching my direction, I trace where it came from, in the middle was a small boat with a small tow lamps on the sides, then two people riding on it, it was two lovers sharing the sweet calmness of the moment, the sweet serine night that I once held, it was very quiet that I could hear night bugs and crickets nearby, the boat was then crossed the nearby cottage where there was a party, it’s like a party from a very popular people or some kind of rich people, we could hear the music from a far, it was still quite even though there was a music from across the cottage.              
“Sam!!! hotdog’s ready!!!” as my father’s voice, called me from a distance.            

“Coming!!!” as I responded to him trying to tuned high my voice in order for him to hear.

Then at a rectangular shaped table was food all over, grilled fish, and hotdogs…sandwich and sodas at the end of the table, my father seated at the center and to his right was my mom and I seated to his left, then next to me was my brother seated beside him was Emily and seated next to my mom was Mrs. Scantsone.                                        

“So, enjoying your stay here in Truro??” as Mrs. Scantsone ask the people on the table.        

“Yes, I can’t imagine this place had changed a lot since I last step my foot here, many had definitely changed” as my mother gets some hotdogs and passed it to everyone.             

“And I’ve heard there are lots of wonderful hunting places around here” as my father open up his enthusiastic activity about hunting.                    

“Yes but the authority now are strict about their hunting policies and it’s not yet the hunting season, so probably, their closing the forest now” as Mrs. Scantsone informed my father and get some fish.                        

“Well, I guess the time is not my luck” as my father replied with dismay.                       

“So Dad I guess we’ll gonna be back here when hunting season are open” as my brother stared at Emily smiling.                          
“I guess the hunting part does not interest you my brother” as I teas him and Emily.             

“Shut up!!” he said totally embarrassed.                     
As the moment everyone had finished supper Emily and her mom say their goodbyes to us and headed back to their home, Dad ordered us to go inside, as the night become now deeper and deeper. Inside was very warm, very cozy. I cleaned myself up, brush my teeth and wash my face, I stared at the mirror. The last time I stared to myself like this I saw a blonde girl staring at me with all her wet face, now I saw a girl with the exact same wet face with a brunette hair this time, staring at me, her eyes was not anymore exhausted, not anymore full of problems, but I can see deep inside her heart that it was, hurt, broken into millions of pieces, I can tell it in her eyes that she suffered through a lot of trials and difficulties and the only person that helped does not even exist. She could not even say the word thank you to that person, she doesn’t even know where and how to find him, I guess no one knew.
I turn the lights off and close my eyes and fall fast asleep, it was quite and nice, comfortably cozy, warm. The next morning I opened my eyes and rub them, and stretch myself, and yawn just once. Then the room was different!!!… I was in my room in my school, where I met my friends…..the exact same room where I had all my wonderful memories…..the exact same room where I cried and laugh, it was my huge room remember, this is not real, this is just a dream, remember what you’ve been through yesterday, this do not exist, you have seen it by yourself that this is not real….this is all a dream, Sam!!!! You’re dreaming again, Sam remember, you are here to say goodbye, this is a goodbye treat for you…..a once last glimpse of a world that you once part of, a perfect world that you could not imagine you are a part of….this world is beyond your expectations…..so go outside and say goodbye…..Sam…you are awake now!! as I thought it within myself, I roam myself to my room, I change to the exact same room, then went outside, still the hallway was full of girls chatting, it’s like nothing had happened, it’s like my first days in this school, then I went downstairs and to the canteen, I was glad I saw my fellows there, sitting and all are merrily sharing each other’s jokes, laughing out loud. Then I run to them and hug them tightly each and everyone in the table, Lassy, Ele, Emily, Laily.