The Grand Ball (Chapter Seven)

“I’ve never thought that I was forgiven I am thankful to Emily that she helped me out, thank you and sorry” as we both watch the blue sky up above under the shade of the big Oak tree. As I lay down into his arms, I was glad that this came back, me and him, together again.           

“Nich, I’m the one who is sorry, I reacted too much, deep inside of me wants you more than anything. Every single day that we are not together makes me longing for you more, Nich I can’t live another day without you in my life I miss those times that you always filled my day with gladness, I want to spend those days forever”                                

“Sammy now that you are in my arms again, that I can now wake-up knowing that you are here waiting for me….that I have now my Sammy, I can now say that I’m complete” as he again do the twisting and curling of my hair, I miss that.                       

“Nich, What about Sassy? I can’t hurt my Aunt, she is important to me, what are you going to do about it?” as I look into his face.                   

“Sassy? we’ve never been together, lunch that’s it, Ele was there, even Laila was there, there’s nothing going on between me and Sassy, rumors well that’s just rumors you know people this days they just can’t get the right information” as he face me sitting this time.               

“But I thought well she said you’re going-out, like dating? Ele said that too, but Laila just kept quiet”                     

“Sammy, you see, okay I’m not gonna lie, we had this thing ones but it only last for a week, until I realize she was playing on me look I’ve heard your conversation, when Lassy was trying to call me, he must have forgotten to end the call, I was going to end the call until I heard your voice arguing with Sassy then that’s it”                    

“You’ve hear it too? who else heard it, Ele, Laila everybody?” as I stand into my feet, feeling angry.               

“Just me and Lassy heard it, no one else” as he stand and put his hands in my face.             

Nich and I are back together, but secretly---we don’t want it to be officially be recognize in public, but pretty sure some people knows, we could not stop those eyes staring at us when we had a moment….as days passes, and the Grand Ball is fast approaching, Nich and I started to eat together at lunch so as Emily and now together with Lassy….Ele’s still don’t want to join us, even if sometimes I invited her to. After those days, my happy days Ele tried to talk to me, while I was at the field practicing, trying my new move, practicing how to get it perfectly.             

“Hey!! Sam” as Ele distracted me with my practice.                   

“Oh, it’s you, how are you? We’ve never talked” as I put the ball in between my spleen and arms and wipe my sweats with my wrist.                       

“I’m fine Sam, I see you and Nich are back together I see that face of yours again, the once happy once fresh, the face when I first saw you”         

“What do you want?”             

“Sam, I’m here to apologize about everything that I’ve said to you” as she came close to me.

“Ele, theirs is nothing to apologize about, you didn’t hurt me, I’m your friend, I’m just giving you some space” as I patted her shoulders.              

“And you gave me enough”                    

“I think it’s enough” as I hugged her tightly.