True Purpose (Chapter Six)

Start from the beginning

Her parents only supported her through her sports and she was forced to enroll here because she disobeyed them by choosing to go to an Art school instead of going to the school where her parents wished to enroll her, she made them disappointed and they forced her here, or else her paintings will be burned and turned into ashes. Ah she told me story, I felt sorry for her, I can see that she really likes to paint more than anything, she has this great passion about paintings, like me, I have great passion about my sport which is soccer, too bad my parents are not here to see me again play.             

“Why don’t you join the Arts Club?-- I’m sure they will help you out, and they will definitely have use on you, you have such fine works and other people already recognize you through this, Arts Club is your stepping stone to reach your dream Emily” I encourage her, to fulfill her dreams and putting some hope inside her.                        

“I can’t, my parents would know my activities, they will find out” as she said to with her hopeless eyes.                     

“C’mon Ems! or you could do paintings in my room, and we could ask some materials to the Arts Club, or I could beg on Madam Stone to allow me to go out every other week this season to visit my brother and I could buy you some materials, and if the piece is done I could sell it outside and if you want we could give it to the Arts Club to recognize your work.” I said to her trying again to put hope in her face and enlighten her mind to follow her dreams and not someone else’s dream.                 
“I told you I just can’t to do this Sam I would face in grave consequences if they find out, you must understand me, my Uncle is not here anymore, and I stopped painting long time ago, I’ve erased it from my memory now okay! since he DIED!!” as she said to me with tears flowing down her cheeks.             
“I’m so sorry Emily I did not know! I’m so sorry!” as I said to her hugging her and comforting my new friend.
On a Thursday afternoon I called for a meeting with my team alone, I did not inform our Coach and the second stringers, I only called for the first stringers.                     

“What’s the problem Sam?” asked Aunt Laila.

“Nothing, I just wanted to inform you that seasons game is fast approaching and we have still lots of things to cover up, I did not decide yet who will be our constant goalie and the center forward who will be our two sweepers, out half backs” I said to them enumerating some positions in the game.            
“What about those previous games that we play, are those not yet final?” Sassy ask.        

“Well others are not in their right positions, they don’t deserve to be in there, others don’t have potential, in that particular positions, so I’ve been experimenting on them” I explained to them firmly.                

“So what do you mean, you have persons in mind that deserve to be in that positions?” Ele asked with an annoying face.                      

“Yes! listen ladies, sweepers will be Ele and Monica, half backs are Sassy and Laila Center forward Emily, Tanya you’re a big girl you will be our goalie, and the others so on, must keep the eyes on the ball understand me?” I said to them in a bossy tune and with a bossy attitude. “why did you decide this one alone, I thought Coach Snarls will be the one to decide” as Sassy interrupted.               

“We already talked about this one and she gave me the authority to do so” I said.           

“So what are anyway besides the Team Captain, the team mascot?” as Ele make a joke at me.

“I’m your STRIKER!!” I said to them boldly, I know Ele always wanted that spot but I did not gave it to her.                   
“What!!???? I thought I will be the striker? Sam we already talked about this one!” as she said bossying me around.