Chapter 1:- A New Beginning

Start from the beginning

The Beta, as Selena now knows, was still observing her. He didn't know why he felt this strange urge to protect this rogue wolf and he couldn't shake off the feeling that his wolf, which hated rogues, was ready to bow down to her. He cleared his throat when he felt all eyes on him and said, "The alpha can take care of her when he comes back. Lock her up in the prison for now."

Behind Selena, two wolves and turned into their human forms again and they held her by her forearms, leading her to the dungeons. Selena had just let them lead her. She was starving for a day since she didn't get to kill and was both physically, and emotionally, exhausted. She didn't fight, even if these men killed her, she'd rather die by werewolves than in the hand of sickening hunters.

____|~.~|____

For five days, Selena had been locked in the dungeon; and these five days were the calmest five days she has had in the past two years. Agreed, she was locked in a dungeon, but it was better than a cage. She was getting food to eat and not scrapes. They had provided her with spare clothes and she wasn't naked. Two days ago, she could hear what she recognized to be the voices of the two men from the first day.

Apparently, the other guy was angry with the Beta for giving her clothes and food. But the beta had just walked forward, saying, "The Alpha isn't here yet. Once it is decided that she is guilty, you can talk to the alpha about me providing basic necessities to a she-wolf."

This had turned the other guy silent. Selena had smiled slightly on hearing this. The beta came off as a nice wolf to her and even if she was kept a prisoner here, she couldn't be angry, in fact, she respected him. She knew that he will be a great leader to the pack in the absence of the alpha.

The five days were over faster than Selena had realized.

It was on the sixth day, that Selena heard two footsteps approaching her cell in the dungeon, she was leaning on the wall facing the gate of the cell. The rails allowed Selena to see through the gaps in them. Her hand, which was initially just lying beside her, felt the rough ground as she pulled it in.

The dungeon was extremely dark. So none of them could see Selena and neither could she see them. Unfortunately, for Selena, her wolf had gone into hibernation after they had been taken in, so she was practically a human now. She couldn't smell the two guys, so she could only imagine that this was the alpha.

"This is her, alpha," the voice, which she recognized to be the beta, said.

So it is the alpha, she thought.

She took in a sharp breath as she felt her wolf nudging her.

She has been gone for weeks now. It was after a long time that she had come back to help her when she ran away from her captors. Her wolf, Izzy, had stayed with her until they had been captured by these wolves. Once again, she had vanished when they were brought to this dungeon, and suddenly, she was back again.

"What purpose do you have in my territory?" he asked.

Selena didn't understand why the voice gave her goosebumps... was it because she was talking an alpha after a really long time.

"I was just passing by, I hadn't realised that I breached into another's territory," Selena whispered in a hoarse voice.

For a while the man was silent. While being quiet, Selena felt her wolf going crazy in her mind and she just wanted to feel calm and in control. It was a painful few seconds before the man spoke again, "Your name?" the man asked, there was a certain power in his voice and Selena felt weak.

"Selena Wilson," she had almost stuttered the last part but had maintained her composure.

"Selena..." The man had whispered, but both she and Ryan had heard him clearly. It was after a long, long time that Selena heard someone say her name.

She was a bit perplexed. Why would she feel like her name in his voice sounded the best?

"Do you know what happens to rogues who enter my pack land?" He asked. His voice was extremely smooth and yet has a rough edge to it. His tone had a teasing edge to it and yet he still sounded serious.

"Whatever it might be, I am sure I have seen worse." The words slipped past Selena before she even realised it.

He took in a deep breath. He wanted to go in there and talk to her but restrained himself. Everything was silent for a while. The atmosphere got tense as the silence prevailed. The two other beings were very confused.

"Xavier? Everything okay?" Ryan asked.

"Xavier," Selena whispered. She couldn't understand why she loved that name.

"Selena Wilson... Wilson... Are you from the Lunar Eclipse Pack?" He asked suddenly.

Selena's eyes widened. She stood up as fast as she could and backed up against the wall to get support, "Yes, I am the daughter of the Alpha Robert Wilson."

"If given an opportunity, will you like to be a part of this pack?" Xavier asked without any hesitation.

"What?'

"Yes."

Ryan's voice came into Xavier's mind just at the same time that Selena spoke up. But he didn't pay any attention to Ryan at this moment.

Xavier had almost smiled at the instant reply but controlled himself at the last moment, "Ryan, prepare a room on my floor for her. She is a fellow alpha. Treat her as one too." Saying this, Xavier walked away.

"Come on, Miss Wilson," Ryan said and unlocked the door. He supported her by holding her shoulder and hand and led her to the packhouse. The packhouse was the biggest house in the area where the Alpha lives until he retires. After that, he can choose to stay there in another room or move to a different house with his mate. Selena remembers this from her memories; the ground floor is where all the warriors reside, on the floor above it is the gaming room, the conference room, meeting room, and theatre room. The second floor is the room for all guests in case of any emergency meeting or if the other pack members have to get into the packhouse in case of an attack, and the top floor, the third floor, is for the alpha, and his family if they visit, the beta and his family, and the gamma and his family. However, the ex-position holders walk out and live in their own houses to get some calm and peace.

They reached the top floor of the huge house and Ryan led her to the house which was just two rooms down Xavier's.

"Well, this is your room, Ms Wilson..."

"Please, you can call me Selena."

"Selena," he smiled, "I'm Ryan Ferguson, the beta of this pack. I will be on the other side of the corridor. Knock whenever you need help," he smiled, "Welcome to the Ferocious Shadows, Selena."

____|~.~|____

This is the first chapter... Do you guys like it?

Vote,

Comment,

Share,

Show some love guys! I'd love to read what you think about the characters and the story!!