NO WAY BACK

This evil and cruel voice could only belong to the Bossy Snake who was able to track Marilyn down.

"I told you I was not finished with you. You won't be the first to rebel against me. I'll bring you to Vanessa myself to finish the job!" A disgusting laugh erupted from the Snake.

Now, Marilyn no longer had a terrified look. This time, something in her had changed, and it didn't take much for her strength to shine through.

"You useless fool, I think all our nice tricks and tortures have made you a horrible princess," the Bossy Snake quipped.

Marilyn turned her head to face the Snake, feeling more strength begin to course through her veins. She was ready this time, nothing could change her mind. The stakes were too high and Marilyn was sick of losing.

No, this time she would fight for victory.

"Answer me! Did fear make you eat your tongue as well as your brain?" the Serpent continued defiantly.

Serena turned to Marilyn, whispering, "This is your chance. This time you will win. I believe in you and all the victims who died believe in you too. Take back everything they stole from you, do it for all of us!"

Marilyn nodded to Serena and turned to cast a glance at her enemy that would have made even the devil's blood freeze. She kept her eyes on the Snake as she stalked to an armor display and unsheathed the sword in its hand.

There was no escape for the Snake. It realized this and felt a sense of fear as Marilyn took careful steps closer to it.

The Snake certainly did not expect such a twist and tried to remain calm and began again with his usual old insults to attack Marilyn.

"What do you think you are doing? You haven't changed, you're nothing but a poor, useless girl"!

"You are and will always be a failure! You don't have the strength to hurt me! Your parents are ashamed of having brought you into the world! You're shameful to your people"!

"You won't even try. You're too scared to face me. I always win and you will always lose! This will never, ever change!"

He tried desperately to hurt Marilyn, to make her turn back in fear, but this time things were different. The insults bounced off Marilyn, leaving her unharmed. She continued walking toward the Snake with a new fire in her eyes like she had never seen before.