NOW OR NEVER

After forcing herself to take the dangerous steps forward without raising her eyes, Marilyn finally saw the road to Mudland ahead.

Her fears and doubts kept increasing, seconds by seconds.

She stood in front of the all too familiar dark road that led to suffering and despair made by her enemies, the road filled with the envy of those cursed Snakes who just keep ruining her life for fun. They had stolen her will to live and to be happy.

But was she ready to demand them back from them?

I'm here, but I wish I wasn't in front of my fears again, Marilyn thought.

Pain cannot fully be written. When we feel it, it seems like it takes a thousand forms and feelings.

That's why sometimes when we feel overwhelmed by these feelings, we don't feel like we can keep going.

We feel like we are fighting with our bare hands against invisible enemies, but the ones that Marilyn was facing were more than visible, made in flesh and blood and cruel intentions.

Not only were they able to hurt her, but they were more dangerous than beasts. They were able to hurt both the heart and the soul.

If you could look into Marilyn's heart, you would see the proof of how many ugly and unhappy things she was forced to endure in this adventure without yet a happy ending.

Also, you felt the same, right?

When will I stop being afraid? When will courage finally take over?

I'm tired of continuing to lose and feeling worthless. I'm tired of letting my enemies win, Marilyn thought.

These thoughts coursed through Marilyn's mind, but as you well know, negative thoughts can drive fear away.

Only courage could accomplish this. And at this moment, there wasn't even the faintest bit of courage in Marilyn's heart.

In her place, many people would have already given up. The long journey of continuous suffering and damnation that Marilyn was would have seemed like too much for one person to handle, let alone a scared young woman.

"I can't take it anymore! I'm tired and I just don't want to feel anything".

I'm feeling dead inside and it's not fair!

I need to change, Marilyn kept thinking.

She needed to rest, recharge, and gather all of her strength. Soon, she would face the evil enemies who had no mercy, and instead of a heart, they have a dump of indefinite envy and murderous intentions to destroy every happy or nice people that end for a mistake in their eyesight.

Our sweet and naive heroine sat at the edge of the path and tried to rearrange her thoughts, which continued to whirl like a violent whirlwind that made no problem to kill the last flames of courage that lasted in Marilyn.