DETECTIVE AYANO!

"So you are Aiko?....Yumi's friend?" 

I freeze in that same position. I could feel shivers down my spine.Trying to give a composed look I turn around. 

AYANO- Yeah!!???

I feel my heart bump out of my chest seeing tachibana stand there.The thing that kept going on and on in my head was she shouldn't just recognize who I was!... She eagerly waited for me to reply...I think she was probably clueless seeing me , and I don't think it is a bad idea to give it a try!

AYANO - Yeah I am Aiko! (mimics a different voice)

TACHIBANA - so how do you know her?

AYANO - ohh...ohhh...we..ohh.. we went to ...to the same school.

TACHIBANA -  ohh...I see!

AYANO - Can  I meet her!?..

TACHIBANA - Just a warning!..she doesn't  remember anyone...so she starts panicking on seeing people.

AYANO - ohh!

I take a deep breath realizing that she didn't  recognize me. I slowly open the door and walk inside closing the door behind me. She is a very pretty girl with lush brown hair and huge black eyes....and extremely  thin..eventhough she looks healthier than before. Upon seeing me she frowns a little and her eyes widen , she started sweating real bad. I don't  know why but she definitely  got scared upon seeing me. I tried getting closer to her but she started screaming!!!

She picks up the tray kept beside her bed and throws it on me...my initial instincts were calling out my Enraiha but then...I have a cover to keep so I pretend to be helpless and tightly shut my eyes close. To my surprise I didn't  get hit by the tray . I slowly open my eyes , I see that my vision is blocked by someone standing in front of me and the tray rests on his hand .

The smell of his collogne, the color of his coat , the uneven messiness of his hair gave me only one conclusion that it is Kazuma. I want to be happy but then I freeze in the thought of him finding out who I am!!! He almost turns around to face me but that moment yumi takes him into her embrace, and all I get to see is her thin skinny hands placed around KAZUMA'S shoulder. Kazuma doesn't  react he just let's  her do as she wishes.

I felt as if the broken pieces of my heart was being crumbled under yumi's foot. The way she kept hugging him, I try to recall the last time maybe when me and Kazuma hugged and all I remember is when we were fighting Misao that is when we had our first genuine hug and I guess the morning he saved yumi's life. After that Kazuma has gone back to being the same old jerk self he usually is. There was still a little hope left in me that maybe he would retaliate but he didn't ,he put his hands around her waist the same way he had hugged me before carrying her to the hospital.

After a while of their cozy little hug KAZUMA pulled away and finally faced me , yumi had calmed down too. I could see KAZUMA's lips up and down and I figured he  was speaking something but I didn't  hear a thing. He looked at me and repeated again.

KAZUMA- Are you alright?

AYANO- huh!?...yeah...ofcourse I am all good. Thanks

KAZUMA - ohh!!!...no worries it was just good that I was here on time...and I am really sorry that she attacked you this way but she usually gets panic attack.

AYANO- ohh...alright  thanks for telling me.

KAZUMA- by the way! Who are you I haven't  seen you here before.

AYANO- ohh...I am Ay...Aiko...yumi's friend

KAZUMA - ohh..Ok I am sorry but she won't  recognize you ...she had a memory loss.

AYANO- Yeah Tachibana told me.

KAZUMA - you met Tachibana already!!??..

I bite my tongue on realizing  I shouldn't  have said that .

AYANO- Yeah she told me...and who might you be???

I just figured randomly blurting out his name would not be a good way of hiding my identity. So as a very first step of getting to know someone I ask his name.

KAZUMA - I am Kazuma yagami!...practically Yumi's babysitter for now..cause she is only calm around me.

Did he even needed to tell me that I just saw it happen.

AYANO- yeah right! I just saw that KAZUMA..

I tried to say that in the most non sarcastic way possible..but I am sure some amount of sarcasm was definitely heard in my voice...but can you blame me for it?...I mean one for your team member practically leaves you for another short term memory loss type girl , I mean team member.

It had been more than a week for me to form  a bond with yumi. It had seemed to be that she really thought  of aiko as her friend where as Me i.e. Ayano is almost out of the picture....after around two days when yumi became comfortable with me I had less interaction with kazuma. It was easy for me to weave a story around our friendship as yumi had no memory of her past. This week had been a very calm and peaceful  one, But I totally forgot about my school and didn't  realize the growing suspicion on me.

That evening when I went home my dad called me into his room. I carelessly entered the room seeing Kazuma seated  right in front of me...reality struck back at me and I realised my absence from school did not go unnoticed.

I entered the room trying to be as composed as possible . The first thing my dad asks me is "Don't complicate this for me Ayano and just tell me , what have you been upto lately??"

Will Ayano's secret be out?what is hugo about to tell her??...who exactly us Yumi?...did kazuma really didn't  realise ayano's cover as aiko???

TO BE CONTINUED