THE "NOT SO PERFECT" PICTURE DAY!

Kazuma stared at me for a bit and then started following me. I expected him to stop somewhere but no, he followed me till my school...It gave me a tingling  feeling..But if I calm down this quickly he probably won't take me being angry seriously the next time...so I turned back and screamed at him"What do you think you are doing Kazuma!?...Following me till school! what are you- a stalker!?" Kazuma was surprised but he doesn't take long to reply and I instantly got the answer to my question.

KAZUMA-Geez ! calm down Ayano..It's not as if i'm willingly following you..let me remind you, I am your bodyguard..and Your dad is paying me a pretty good price for sticking around you!

Ofcourse ! How did I forget that now kazuma does everything for money...not to forget he even asked for money when we had to save Ren!...When he could take money for that..Then how am I any different! 

AYANO- Yeah! right ,my bodyguard!...Well hello!..I am big enough to take care of myself!

KAZUMA-Now that's not my problem . Talk to your dad about it! (Smirks)

Gosh! How does this guy have an answer for everything I say!...He doesn't even have to think for a minute on what to reply it's as if  he already knows what I will say so his reply is sitting ready on the tip of his tongue to shoot out! Where was that guy who got a bit flirty with me yesterday and most importantly why is he giving me that smirk?...and why is my heart racing against my chest seeing him smirk!

"Get yourself together Ayano !" I repeated this to myself continuously . I really don't understand why am I reacting this way?...Why is he affecting me so much..his smile..his eyes..his ..his heavenly deep and husky voice!..God! Save me!

I really need to be observant because the thing that happened next blew my mind off! When I entered the campus Yukari & Nanase were standing in front of me...I was truly delighted to see them but shocked too!

AYANO- Why are you both all dressed up today!?

YUKARI- Oh..Poor Ayano!...I knew you would forget it ...That's why I had told Nanase to give you call!

NANASE-Ayano, I called you this morning to inform that we have our picture day today! So you should dress up too...but you hung me up before I could even tell you and then you didn't respond to any of my calls!

AYANO- Noooooooo!...My lovely picture day!...Ohh...God!...I am so careless!

KAZUMA-(says in a low voice) Finally she realised it!

AYANO- Kazuma! I heard that!

KAZUMA-(Laughs)

Oh..god! I forgot  picture day! How can I? This is something I waited for, all year and when today was finally the time to dress up into your beautiful dresses I messed up! Kazuma's laughing face suddenly turns into a serious face. Wait! I've seen this look, His expression turns serious only when there is an enemy near by. He does senses all this before me , of course! because he's the contractor ,but now I can sense it too!...It is the same negative feeling from yesterday but different!..It's time!

AYANO- Yukari ,Nanase  go take shelter looks like there is still some matter we need to sort!

Yukari and Nanase run in for shelter

"Can you sense that Kazuma!?" I asked. "Yup!Crystal clear!" He replied.

"Enraiha! Come forth!" I call out for my Enraiha all ready to take down whatever is yet to come! It was some random girl flying in the air!...She looked odd because she looked completely drained off of energy. Seeing her I was already confused whether I should even use my Enraiha on her?...It looked as if she would collapse on her own!

"Don't attack Ayano!" Kazuma said it out loud!..Did he know who that girl was?..Or did he have some sort of connection with her too or maybe he simply was confused like me by looking at that girl.

As this girl landed in front of us I got a closer look at her. Damn...Her cheek bones were clearly seen , she had wrinkles all over her face , her skin color had turned pale it looked as if someone sucked the life out of her only leaving so much that she could move! she is definitely not fed enough or maybe not fed at all. Eventhough I didn't know  who she was and what she was capable of ,somewhere inside of me I felt bad for her...and I didn't feel like using Enraiha on her either. She was flying ,so she definitely is a magic user or maybe a soul that got corrupted by some sort of magic.

After a halt of 2 minutes , she collapsed!

Kazuma ran towards her and lifted her hand ...he put his finger on her nerves..he was obviously trying to check if she was alive...I curiously looked for a little bit of hope in his eyes..."She's Alive!...Her heart is beating...I have to take her to the hospital "He yelled. I desperately wanted to go with him but he said "Ayano you get back to your class..I'll take her to the hospital!"

AYANO- No way I'm leaving you alone with a creepy girl...

KAZUMA- Ayano!..Just listen to me!

AYANO- Noo!...I know you have the job of protecting me but i'm capable of...

Even before I could complete my sentence He grabbed my shoulder...and looked into my eyes..and said "Trust me!..I won't let anything happen to me." He took me into his embrace, He placed his chin on my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my waist .I was astonished! I didn't see this coming . He gently whispered into my ear..."Please Ayano! Just agree to what I say this one time! I promise to take you out for dinner tonight!" I was speechless, I just said "Ok!". He slightly pressed his lips against my ear..and I could already feel my body getting hot and my cheeks turning as red as my hair!

He moved away from me , carried the girl into his arm and disappeared into thin air!

I stood in that exact same position NUMB.

MEANWHILE ......(INSIDE KAZUMA'S HEAD)

I had to do that!... I just had a feeling that Ayano isn't going to be safe with me and this anonymous girl! Trust me there's nothing more important on my mind than protecting Ayano.
Ayano doesn't know that this is the third case in this week... there's someone behind all these stupid experiments and I have to find that heartless beast!

She is an impulsive girl! She's not going to stay quiet about what she saw today , she's going to do her best and I'm afraid I can't "not" let her know about all this for long.

Especially now she will surely figure out that the negative feeling of an unwanted presence yesterday at her house had to do something with this!...

Will Ayano figure it out?
Why is Kazuma hiding this from her when they are a team?...does Ren know about this?...Who else is involved?

TO BE CONTINUED