"Don't mind him. My name is Stephanie," she tells him, glaring at Chris.

Chris waits for the knowing look to appear on Jason's face.

"Stephanie....Hazel....oh oh oh."

Yup, Jason has that look on his face. He glances at Chris, his eyes twinkling in mischief and a smirk appears on his face. Chris narrows his eyes at him which seems to say 'behave'.

"You're the Stephanie that has managed to sweep Chris off --"

"Ouch!" Jason exclaims. "What the fuck dude!" He glares at Chris who had just smacked him at the back of his head to stop him from completing his sentence.

Chris shrugs and Steph stares at them in amusement.

Sweep Chris off what? Steph wonders.

Chris sees the look on her face and says.
"Don't listen to anything he says. He speaks a lot of Gobbledygook."

"Gobbledygook?" Steph raises an eyebrow in amusement.

"What's that?" Jason asks in confusion.

"You speak a lot of bullshit."

"Why didn't you just say that?" Jason huffs.

Chris shrugs.

Steph chuckles. "I know how it feels like, trust me."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, Brooke's like that too."

"I don't speak bullshit, Stephanie. Don't listen to him. I only speak my mind and the truth," Jason defends himself.

"Oh, I see," Steph smiles while Chris rolls his eyes.

"I don't think I've seen you before but I feel like I have. You look familiar," Jason points out.

"We go to the same school, dummy. You could have seen her in a hallway or class." Chris counters.

"I don't think it was in school...." Jason trails off with a thoughtful look.

"Okay Hazel. I'll drive you home," Chris announces. He doesn't want anymore chit-chat between them. Jason might end up spewing stuff that'll mess up things between him and Hazel.

"Okay," she replies.
Oh so because his best friend is here, he wants to get rid of me so quick, huh? Steph muses. After the moment they just shared before Jason interrupted?

Or was it in her imagination? She doesn't even wanna think about it, it'll make things awkward between them. Chris motions for her to give him the ball and she does. She notices Jason watching them in amusement.

What's amusing him? She asks herself.

"I'll go get my backpack," she says before heading into the house.

The guys watch her enter the house. The second the front door shuts, Chris speaks first.

"What the fuck dude!" Chris tries his best to lower his voice. "You were actually going to complete that sentence if I hadn't stopped you."

Jason laughs. "I just said the truth dude. You like that girl. When are you going to admit it?"

Chris throws the ball at him and it hits laughing Jason on his arm.

"I'm not repeating myself." Chris huffs.

Just then, Steph steps out of the house.
"Give me your keys," Chris instructs Jason.

"No. Use yours."

"It's in the garage. Just give me the your key." Jason hands Chris his keys.
"Get in, Hazel."