vi. five hargreeves

black out days. phantogram

"coffee. black please." you heard from behind you as you wiped down the counter.

you turned slightly to catch a glance of the culprit. "hey [y/n]. long time no see."

you stood, back facing the voice as he spoke maturely. "hi five." you mumbled, wiping the counter faster.

"so, you work in a café?" he questioned.

"it is what it is right?" you replied turning around to face the young man, "why are you here?" you monotonously questioned.

"i'm here to get you, obviously."

you scoffed, "i think i'm good right here." you rolled your eyes, heading over to the coffee machine and placing the cup under it.

"well you need to come back whether you like it or not."

you spun around to catch eyes with his, "and why should i? the last time i trusted you; you took us too far and we ended up in an apocalypse."

five blinked, "and then i'm stuck in a teenagers old body,"

"that wasn't my fault [y/n]..." you hold your finger up,

"and the next thing you know, i'm stuck in 1963, struggling to find some place to stay. you know how hard it is to find safety while people think you're sixteen? literally sixteen. they think i'm trying to steal from them." you growl under your breath.

"okay, i'm sorry," the coffee stopped pouring and you heard a small beep.

"that's a first." you turned to retrieve the warm cup. you trapped a lid and turned to him, "black coffee, that'll be 5.67."

five hesitated, "oh yeah, you don't have any money on you. this ones on me." you rolled your eyes and turned to grab the towel you were wiping with.

"i'm serious [y/n] i... we need your help."

you raised a brow, "we?"

he nodded, "the others." you paused. starring at the marble counter.

"i thought they were all dead, or at least stuck in a different year." you looked up to stare him down, "where are they?" you questioned.

"nevermind them [y/n]," he hissed. you got agitated,

"five.." you warned, fire slowly emitting from your finger.

fire manipulation. everyone in the umbrella academy knew not to get you mad, only then because you couldn't control it when you got too angry.

diego has a harsh memory of it. when he made fun of you about your height, it got to the point where when he called you a dumb short twerp, your eyebrow twitched and you swiftly threw a ball of fire at his ass while walking down the stairs.

and adding to this, let's not forget your speed. you were the nice one in the group yes, aside from your anger if anyone really needed something you were quick to go get it for them, literally.

"listen, the world is going to end." he sighed out.

as much as he didn't want to say it, he had to, "what?" you furrowed your brows,

"the world is going to end.. again. doomsday is coming."

you gripped the towel, water dripping onto your shoes. "it seems like i don't care, anymore."

five was taken aback. "what?"

you clicked your tongue and leaned onto the counter before you, "you started this, you brought us here, technically it's not our problem. its yours, so you get us out of it." you turned, but spun back around,