x. viktor hargreeves

call. ocean heights

a hoarse whisper, "kiss me."

2:01 pm. you sat, heart racing as her fingers were stuck in your own.

did those words really come from viktor? you weren't sure, you always told yourself you had hearing problems.

"i'm.. im sorry what?" you uttered. they were about 3 inches away from you, eyes full of hope. "what did you say?"

he blinked at you with an uncertain grin on his lips. "kiss me, please."

yeah you didn't hear wrong.

"why?"

out of anything or any action, he wasn't expecting that response from you.

"why.. why not?"

why not?

you wouldn't want to throw a friendship away like this.

"you're my best friend viktor, kissing you could ruin almost everything between us"

"you told me you would kiss me before,"

"that was long ago viktor, i was drunk"

"drunk words are true words [y/n], you had to at least mean it"

you didn't know what else to say, you weren't uncomfortable, you were unsure.

"would you think of me any less after?"

they expeditiously shook their head no, wanting things to move faster.

only you could catch how impatient he was when he wanted the things that they sought important.

"okay," you uttered.

with a swift tug at your shirt, he gently pulled you closer with the uncertainty of how you should actually kiss someone,

this was their first kiss, yes?

you shortly grinned and brought your hand up to catch his cheek, leaning in as well- not to keep him waiting.

bliss.

is what he thought it would be.

with a gasp, they jolted. eyes burning and body tingling as he laid under the covers of his bed.

he took in the reality and sighed deeply, it was only a dream. they frowned, disappointed.

they sat up and brought their knees to his chest.

maybe it wasn't the right time, but he wanted to wait for you, no matter what was happening at the moment.

he's never felt this way for anyone, their heart pounced once they heard your name or saw your bright smile.

he loved you.

but you loved someone else.

he told himself it wasnt your fault, you did love them at some point, but they wouldn't accept it.

he knew it was his own doing.

so they'll will wait.

until it's the right time.

but until then, he'll stay and cheer you on while you chased your happiness.

edited ; 2022.05.07
zoomer-r ©