ix. ben hargreeves

your man. joji

"sharing is caring, now give me the hoodie!"

5:00 pm. school had just let out and you ran over to the academy. your best friend waiting patiently for you on the steps of the building.

"ben! ben ben ben!" you yelled as you turned the corner, readying to pounce on the young 16 year old.

only the gates had cut off, running straight into the metal bars. you groaned in pain and agony as you held your nose.

"i wasn't looking" you mumbled, a few eyes on the sidewalk walking by and sparing you either an annoyed glance or a awkward one.

ben rolled his eyes and stood, opening the gate and holding his hand out for you to grab. you gladly took it and he'd pull you up.

"thank you, kind sir" you grinned, still your nose being covered by your palm, "i think it's bleeding," your voice muffled.

"let's get you to grace," his calming voice bringing you peace as he pulled you in and shut the gate once more.

you stepped inside, sliding your shoes off to not track any dirt in.

"hello [y/n], it's nice to see you again," grace had  greeted.

you have her a wide smile and gave her a small hug, her arms bringing you in as well with a tight squeeze.

"how was school," she questioned.

"oh it was something, i'm getting better at ap biochemistry, i actually had a chance to stay afterschool for tutoring but i had somewhere to be," you nudged bens arm with a sly smirk.

"i'll just go next time," you quickly added before ben lectured you about leaving school to come over. "i also need an ice pack please," you asked.

"oh what happened?"

"she ran into the gate again," ben answered for you with a laugh.

you rolled your eyes in response.

"there you go, all patched up. now, there's donuts on the counter, warm and fresh if you want some," she offered before walking off.

you nodded and turned to ben, grabbing his hand and pulling him to the kitchen.

"where are the others?" you asked before grabbing a donut and taking a bite.

"they're in their rooms, either sleeping or doing what they always do before we have a drill," he looked everywhere but you.

you raised a brow and chomped down on the bread again, "alright," your words muffled from the grains you just ate. "wanna go hang out now?"

he nodded and you bounced in agreement, "last one up there is a rotten egg," you cheered as you got a head start.

ben laughed and jogged behind you, "you're such a child [y/n]," he chuckled out as you sprinted to his door.

"i know you are but what am i,"

"my day one," he responded as he walked up to you.

you gave him a toothy grin and pushed the door open, jumping and landing face first onto the bed he slept on.

6:33 pm. you sat at the desk, pencil in hand as you counted numbers in your head.

"what are you doing now?" ben questioned you, his footsteps being heard behind you, getting closer.

"uhh algebra," you answered, "it's weird."

"i told you to stay at school today, you didn't listen," he argued, a smug like tone leaving his lips.