viii. five hargreeves

what do i gotta do. koi

"like her? jesus yeah, right. i can barely hold back my vomit just by looking at her."

"but you're always looking at her, five."

"piss off yeah?"

9:34 AM.    the floor boards croaked as you headed down the stairs of the academy.

"goodmorning guys." you groaned while stretching, bones popping comfortably.

"morning billy." klaus had smiled with a wave.

you scoffed and flipped the teenager the finger while heading into the kitchen. "not my name you wet sock."

"mornin grace." grace stood infront of the sink, wet dishes in hand. you smiled kindly at her and opened the cupboard to grab a mug.

turning to reach for the kettle of coffee, another hand reached for the handle as well.

"your hand is on my coffee." five stares at you, the tight lipped smile resting snugly on his face.

your brow raised and a scoff escaped your mouth. "oh, your coffee is it?" blankly, you slightly tugged the hot dish towards you.

"yes, my coffee." he pulls it back towards him.

"oh that's such a shame, isn't it?" you tug it back quickly, but fives iron like grip beat you to it.

"what a pain in my ass." you growled, walking back towards the stairs in result of accepting the fact that you weren't going to have any coffee that morning.

11:06 AM.    diego stood stance, knife in one hand, fist balled in the other.

you stood a few feet away from him, hands behind your back, foot digging into the ground as you twisted your leg in the process.

"so, how are we doing this mommy's boy?" you smiled sweetly at him, stopping your leg and standing straight.

you could feel eyes on you as you cracked your knuckles from behind.

"fight." reginald ordered.

you ran at him first, not wanting time to be wasted. your fist was swung at his face, or so he thought.

diego leaned back, just to bend forward and crouch in pain as you punched him in the stomach.

that was your favorite move. known but simple. you grinned.

"i win, reginald. not a scratch."

"or so you thought." five stood to the side, eyeing your arm.

you raised a brow to his statement. your eyes followed his gaze and to your surprise- diego's knife rested snuggly in your arm. 

"oh." you poked the handle, "that's fair."

five made his way up to you with a smirk, "pay attention idiot."

you chuckled and rolled your eyes, "oh yeah, thanks for reminding me, wet dog."

that sentence seemed to flip the switch in fives head, his brows furrowed and his eyes laid on yours.

"i cant stand you," five growled.

"i'm glad you feel the same way."

"the way you fight pisses me off."

"quit picking fights like a ten year old."

"i might be acting ten, but at least i never slept in dirt on the ground since the age of seven."