i. diego hargreeves

robbers. the 1975

all her life she's been tough, not afraid of anything, she stood her ground, held her chin up high, and never took no for an answer.

"hey y/n," klaus voice echoed through your room, having you to look up from the sketch book you were over drawing in.

"yes?" you raised a brow.

"din din is ready," he said with a small smile, walking away and down the stairs.

you sighed, closed your book, and put your pencil behind your ear. quietly walking out of your room to head down the stairs, nothing exciting you about the dinner that took place almost every night.

you sat between diego and ben, the same unexplainable and plain emotion stuck to your face like glue.

"after dinner, you will start training asap, i want you all to be fit as possible for your next mission" you scoffed, earning a few glances and raised eyebrows at you.

knowing you'd get no reaction, let alone entertainment and any sign of conversation back, "yeah old man, we get the news everyday, we do the training everyday, simple, so simple"

mr. hargreeves took a glance at you, "number eight, i expect you to know your manners at the table."

" well excuse me for not giving a shit." you commented, the sarcasm slipping off of your tongue like venom. you stood up, the bottom of the chair letting a loud screech echo through the room.

"number eight you have not been excused," you raised a brow.

"i'm terribly sorry for that," walking off and heading back upstairs to continue your ministrations. 

"y/n and diego!"

you stood up straightening out your jacket and walked into the field. stretching your neck and stared diego down, the adrenaline and the pumping of your blood had you ready for what was about to come at you.

diego ran full speed towards you, causing you to jump over him, the ground shaking and the rocks flying towards him.

one knife, two knifes, three knifes flying towards you.

you subtly dodged all of them, getting knocked by one against the shoulder. "you can do better than that, diego, come on i'm bored," you whined as you stood in the grass, "i'm dirtying my new shoes," you complained.

you ran towards the brunette, ready to throw a punch, while diego threw the same amount of knifes at your figure again.

dodging all of them you then felt liquid run down your face. one. two. three. four rain droplets fell on your forehead.

you wiped them off, you whispered to yourself "just.. a little rain.. no thundering.. no lightning.. right?"

it soon started to pour down, yet no one bothered to go get umbrellas at this time, it was getting intense and interesting.

everyone studied your figure intensely, knowing the idea that was to come would come and soon you'd back down from the fight none the less.