iii. ben hargreeves

run away. chase atlantic

here we go again, same old same old.
your parents were screaming at each other again and you were certain that the neighbors could hear them.

you were embarrassed to say the least.

it was getting too intense, and trying to stop them would do no help so, climbing out of your window was the best solution.

black hoodie ripped jeans and white shoes were good enough to get out the house, it wasn't like you weren't going out dancing.

earphones in, music blasting, you walked down the street, nearing the bridge that crossed the water. you let a small smile brush up to your lips. you were so close to the natural fresh air, and the nice sound of the water swishing, that always calmed your nerves.

stepping on the ledge you deeply sighed. sitting down on the edge, as soon as you sat down, a headphone accidentally slipped out, making you cringe but jump at the sudden sound of heavy footsteps and deep panting.

"hey, hey dont do it!" you raised a brow,

don't do what?

you raised a brow, turning your head at the stranger who was panicking for no reason.

they soon stopped in front of you, you finally catching a glimpse and studying his face for a mere second.

"look, life may be shit, it may stab you, haunt you, maybe even it ruined something special for you, and that may not be the problem okay, but- but this, this is.." he said out of breath obviously,

"wait a tik wait a tik dude, calm down, i'm not gonna do anything!" you reassured him.

he sighed, "oh thank god, dont scare me like that again.." he said holding a hand to his racing heart.

you noticed the uniform and the face as soon as you stared him down, "hey, i think i know you, correct me if im wrong but- you, you're apart of the umbrella academy right?"

he sold frozen, slightly nodding, "uh, yeah i am," you froze,

"whats your name,"

he hesitated for a bit, "ben, ben hargreeves." he said,

you nodded

"the horror"

he looked at you, frown slightly increasing

"im.. hell im sorry, i shouldn't have said that, it just slipped out, this is awkward i apologize" you rambled.

"hey, it's okay!" he assured you, "plus it's only awkward when you say it is, the names just stuck with me, ever since i first used them,"

you studied his facial expressions, "you dont like your power do you?"

he shook his head, "cheer up bud, i think it's awesome that you can transfer a monster from another dimension out of your chest, i would die to have something like it." you smiled to him,

"you mean that?"

you nodded, "oh yeah, definitely" you said.

"wanna go on a walk?" you asked him,

he raised a brow, but nodded anyways.

you mercilessly smiled and started walking. "so.. why are you out here?" you asked him, burying your hand in your hoodies pockets.

"i just wanted to get away from that shabby family before i get teased for it."

you nodded, understanding his words as you both currently headed up the same street.

"why are you out here?" he asked, turning to you

"my parents, they're always going at it so i just, needed to get away from some of it before going back to it.." you exclaimed. he nodded while looking ahead.

"hey, uhm, ben, how old are you again?"

"im 16" you nodded,

"not much of a surprise but.. same" you smiled with a chuckle.

"hey theres a coffee and donut shop not far, do you wanna go chill there?" you questioned, "my treat,"

"i could kill to eat something right now"

its been hours, you and ben shared kind and loud laughs here and there, telling each others stories, and getting to know one better.

"hey [y/n], what is this?" you raised a brow,

"what's up? what do you mean?" confused.

"like, is this a date? or like?" he questioned.

you thought for a second, "i would count it as a date personally, but we just met so i don't think i would you know? even though i paid for everything and stuff, no i would consider this a date"

ben lightly blushed and it let off a nice sweet aura around him, "its getting dark, maybe i should head home.." you stated,

honestly ben never wanted this to end, and neither did you, "ill be back," you said walking up to the bar, ben couldn't hear anything you were saying, nor figure out anything, all he could see was you holding a pen and a hand notepad.

walking back with a piece of paper, you put it in his hand and smiled at him, "its my number, we should call sometime.. maybe plan out another one of these dates.. a even better one at it" you said making bens face turn a light but dark shade of red,

"we can meet up on the bridge, deal?" he raised a brow,

"deal, the bridge it is."

edited ; 2022.04.07
© zoomer-r