"I mean, we work here, the place of our dreams but we're still being bossed around by Gia, neither of us has had a proper nights sleep in days, you haven't eaten in such a long time, I'm genuinely worried that you're going to fade away before my very eyes and it just sucks so bad" he exaggerated in a groan, swinging slightly back and forth and wrestling with his apron that had become squiffy against his chest. They didn't know why they wore them, mostly to hold their many items and tools- the aprons weren't exactly featured fashion pieces. Aera's pockets were practically bursting with tools and Jae teased her constantly.

Aera was a slightly messy person, but the messy chaos was organised. The girl knew exactly where everything was and it always shocked Jae just how aware she was. Aera was shy, cutesy and adorable, giggly and girly, messy and indecisive, a complete people pleaser but Jae wouldn't have her any other way.

"What do you suppose we do, JaeJae?"

"Run away, far far away where we can open up our own store and make people happy with our designs every day. It shall be named 'Jaera' and people will come far and wide to gawk at our collections. Your beret, glasses-wearing self will become a fashion icon and the world will finally bow down to me as the clothing king that I am" he announced in a flourish, joking and eyes bright. Aera couldn't help but giggle. It was a pleasant dream but it wasn't reality and they both knew that it wouldn't ever be.

If Jae and Aera quit on that very day, the fashion department would go into chaos. Without their two top clothing designers, the fashion team wouldn't be able to dress their idols. They would rely on label brought outfits rather than the custom made pieces they were used to. And Gia would finally have to get her hands dirty. The style team were sensational but their work was limited, they dressed the idols in the outfits laid out for them, or the brand brought purchases. They were easily replaceable.

Jae and Aera would never abandon the idols like that. They didn't deserve the stress of having to worry about their clothes on top of everything else. Though truly, they were walking talking models for twenty-four hours of the day, whenever they wore an outfit by a brand, it got media attention and the article was sold out in days. That was why the appearance of custom pieces was growing more and more frequent- they had to look impeccable to retain their image and Aera and Jae were happy with the reliance weighted upon them to achieve that goal.

"You're already a fashion king, JaeJae" Aera smiled sweetly and he winked around his mouthful of coffee, his cup swirling in his hand as he stared around the room.

"Thank you, Precious. How is the jacket looking?"

"It looks like three yards of forty-five-inch wide fabric with paper stencils pinned to it" Aera huffed and Jae scoffed out an amused chuckle as he shot her a glance over his shoulder. "This is not getting finished by tomorrow even if I stay up all night."

"It's not needed until Monday so take a deep breath, RaRa. Remember, quality. Gia can shove it if she thinks you're staying up another night for a jacket that doesn't even need finishing yet. You have bags under your eyes babe and not the designer kind. Snip, sew and get on with it but you and I are walking out that door at eight and we are not coming back until nine tomorrow morning. You need beauty sleep." Jae waved off and Aera didn't protest as her head dipped to look back down at the fabric. In a way, Jae appreciated how obedient Aera always was, she was a people pleaser through and through and if he asked her to jump, she'd say 'how high?', if he asked her to make dinner, she'd come back with a three-course meal. But equally, it made him worry for her, worry for the advantage somebody could take from it. She wouldn't stand up to their boss, she'd work for days on end without break rather than protest and he felt very protective over her for it. Jae had long since assumed the role of protector, he'd been Aera's voice for so long, it was second nature to him. They were family, after all, blood relative or not.