13-

Aera walked calmly down the stairs, highly aware of the dress she'd been 'advised' to wear. The dress was beautiful, even to the fashion designer. It was, however, far fancier than anything she expected to wear on this work trip. It was a silky slip dress, the colour of powdered lilac. The softness of the fabric contoured it to every inch of her flesh and she felt acutely anxious at the amount of exposed leg she showed. Still, she could not bring herself to wear anything else. Countless times over the past week, she'd encouraged herself to be braver and that bravery had to begin somewhere.

Only when she reached the bottom of the stairs did Aera allow herself to look up, her face burning a thousand burning shades. The lower section of the house had been completely cleared. The round dining table had been decorated flawlessly. Rose petals littered the floor and the table housed crystal wine glasses and porcelain plates. The entire room was lit only by hundreds of flickering candles. 

All of it drowned when she noticed the man at the table. Kim Taehyung smiled, his hair brushed neatly and his body dressed in the most perfectly tailored shirt she'd ever seen on a person. He stood when she neared and rounded to meet her, towering over her most invitingly. 

"This is..." she realised she had no words to express. 

"You look gorgeous," he finished for her, his lips in a pleasant smile. His appearance gobsmacked her. Tae pulled her chair out for her and tucked her neatly in again. He was the perfect gentleman, pouring her a glass of rose wine and sitting calmly across from her as she sipped at it. The bubbles helped to settle her nervousness and she reminded herself continuously that this was Taehyung, he was a safe space. 

Swallowing her anxiety, she looked up at him and was met with a glorious grin. He always seemed to understand exactly how she was feeling, even when she didn't say anything-- they all did. 

"You look amazing," she muttered, her eyes raking over him in a way she'd regret later. His laughter told him that she needn't worry. 

"Thank you, my love. How has your day been? How was your walk with Namjoon?" Tae questioned, sitting close enough to hold her hand in his. The small comfort allowed her to feel warm inside and she answered him easily and honestly. 

"It was good. We talked about the fundamentals of everything... It will be very different when we go home." Her head ducked and Tae tapped her chin until she met his eyes once again. 

"Different isn't always bad... We will find our own version of normal." Taehyung considered it. "Namjoon is a leader... He is always the best at giving advice." Aera nodded along in agreement and smiled, her mind busy. 

"I am still getting used to the idea of there being seven of you." She mused, shaking her head slightly. She decided not to dwell on it too much.  "I have had the most amazing week of my life with you all... It might sound ridiculous but I truly didn't know it was possible to be so happy." She mustered all her strength to meet his eyes and Tae smiled, his thumb stroking the back of her hand. 

"It brings me so much joy to see you happy, My love," he brought her hand up to kiss it softly, never taking his eyes off of her and she found herself unable to look away from him. "I hope you can be this happy always... If it is any consolation-- I have also never been so happy before. I was worried when the seven of us all found ourselves irreversibly attracted to you but I can't imagine it any other way. As unusual as it is, it brings me solace to know that you are so loved, and it brings me joy to know that my closest friends are in a relationship so healthy and real." 

"I am glad to hear it... If there's anything more I can do, I hope you all know you can tell me." She pressed gently, suddenly determined and he smiled, kissing her hairline.