Chapter 9: Oaths and Dreams

Start from the beginning

#     #     #

Atalanta was sitting with some of her sisters that had been in the Hunt the longest conspiring on how to get rid of Periplanómenos. "Are we in agreement?" she asked.

The rest gave their affirmative just as Lady Artemis exited her tent. Standing in the center of camp by the fire pit, she waited for the girls to gather around her. "Some concerns were brought before me about Periplanómenos staying in the camp," Artemis announced once everyone had gathered around. "I am here to alleviate your fears. Even though he is a male, I respect him and trust him to not make any advances toward you." There was a small gasp from many of the hunters, this is not something they thought would ever come out of their Lady's mouth. "Nevertheless," Artemis continued. "At my request he has sworn upon the River Styx to not make any sort of romantic or sexual advances towards members of the Hunt."

The crowd of girls erupted into conversation as Lady Artemis went back inside her tent. Some were relieved, others, like Atalanta, were furious that he would be staying in the camp. Atalanta stormed back to her tent, nothing, not even Artemis herself, would stop her from getting rid of Periplanómenos.

#      #      #

Percy lay in his tent, listening to the sounds of nature outside. Upon returning to his tent he was able to talk to Nico for a while, but eventually he had to leave. Later, Thalia had brought him dinner, with instructions from Artemis to stay in his tent for the time being. So, here Percy was, laying in his tent bored out of his mind. Even though his mind wouldn't stop racing, sleep soon overtook him. Unfortunately, sleep ment dreams.

Percy found himself in a darkened room, the only light coming from two sets of Celestial Bronze Chains hanging from the ceiling, two figures were hanging in the chains. The one on the right had long hair draped over their face as they hung limply from the chains, while the other seemed slightly taller than him, and was struggling against the chains. The struggling figure's eyes flashed a bright golden-yellow for a few seconds before dying back down. Dejected, they stopped struggling. The two figures looked up as a door banged open, two figures rushing inside..

They stepped over to the figure on the right, who shrunk back from them. "Don't you dare touch her!" the other figure shouted hoarsely, and Percy could now tell that it was male. The voice sounded familiar, but he couldn't quite place it. "No!" they shouted as the girl was unchained. She collapsed to the ground, unused to carrying her weight. The guy started shouting again as they dragged the girl towards the door. "No! No, take me instead!' Please!" they pleaded, straining against the chains.

"No can do," one of the guards answered. "AnótatosI Igétis wants to speak with this one."

"I'll figure out a way to get out and come for you!" the guy screamed as the door closed. "I love you," he finished quietly as he started sobbing, now alone in the darkness.

Percy's dream shifted, flashing a bunch of different clips in quick succession. He saw Romans performing marching drills and hacking at dummies dressed in Greek-Style armor. A teen in Roman armor sitting in a tree with binoculars. Reyna and Frank studying a map. The Hearth in the center of the cabins, dead and cold. Finally, his dream rested upon a dragon flying through the air, two figures sitting on its neck.

Startling awake in a cold sweat, Percy shot up to a sitting position. He hadn't had a dream like this in a while, for the last couple of years his dreams had consisted of demigods who needed his help. Percy laid back down and stared at the roof of his tent, trying to make sense of the dream. The first part seemed to be the most important. Percy wanted to help whoever those figures were, but he didn't know where they were. That Supreme Leader guy was probably important too. The next few made more sense. The Romans seemed to be preparing for war, most likely against the Greeks. The last image stuck in his brain the most, though. It reminded him of Leo, but that couldn't be possible. Leo was dead. Then it hit him. The Physician's Cure. Hazel said they gave it to him, but we never found it in the aftermath of the explosions, Percy realized. That Son of Hermes. . . Percy thought as he drifted back to sleep again, a smile on his face.

A/N: So the older Hunters are after Percy, surely nothing bad can come of this. Right? Artemis seems to have take a liking to Percy, what can come of this. If Aphrodite has a say in anything, I'm sure she's bust constructing a nasty love-triangle for our beloved Hero.

Have a great day, wherever you are!

P.S. For those that are wondering, I like the idea that "Son of Hermes" is a saying that the demigods have for someone being mischievous, pulling a good trick, being untrustworthy, etc. Just thought y'all should know, just in case you thought I forgot Leo's parentage.