Chapter 38: Challengers

Comenzar desde el principio

"It seemed as if Tsubakihara Academy was also wary of the Hinata-Kageyama Quick, however... As one might expect, knowing it's coming and stopping it are two entirely different things."

"Whoa... That orange kid looks so tiny on the court... Especially near that tall blond guy that's servin'." Y/N says as she looks over the railing, already interested.

"Hmm..." Atsumu mumbles to himself as he continues watching, scrutinising the players.

"And from the other side, the wing spiker wearing #1 Maruyama, finishes it off with a fierce spike of his own! Tsubakihara Academy bounces back without missing a beat!"

"Ohh that must have been tough to receive, but the blond boy didn't really move much." Y/N observes as Atsumu nods slightly, still deep in thought.

They continue watching the match in interest as Maruyama serves and Karasuno's captain receives it. Y/N perks up as Hinata starts moving ahead of his teammates before they all follow along in synchronisation.

Coolly, Kageyama jumps up to set the ball as Y/N leans over the rail to try and see better.

And he dumps the ball.

"Pfft-!" Y/N snorts as Atsumu blinks in surprise. "Atsumu didja see that?? Didja see Tobio just then??"

Y/N smiles widely as she starts hitting Atsumu's arm repeatedly, pointing to the court. "Tobio really just dumped the ball right there! That's such a bastard move! That's totally something you'd try to do!"

Atsumu remains speechless as he continues watching, not saying anything as Kageyama spins the ball in his hands to serve. Tossing it up in the air and jumping, sending a powerful spike serve with an amazing course over the net.

"Whoa." Y/N breathes in amazement as Tsubakihara's ace manages to get it up, keeping the ball in play, but it goes over the net to Karasuno's side.

Karasuno's libero gets an overhand on the ball, managing to get it up as Y/N and Atsumu continue watching in silence, waiting to see what they do.

From his serve position, Kageyama smoothly runs across the court and gets into a setting position, sending it to Hinata as he spikes it down instantly before anyone can react.

"It's Hinata Shouyou! Number 10 is at it again! Setter Kageyama comes through with a brilliant setup! I could've sworn he was floating just now!"

"Not a single wasted movement from Kageyama."

"I didn't even have time to be surprised!"

"Damn... Tobio's brilliant." Y/N says after a moment as Kageyama starts arguing with Hinata on the court. "His movements are so refined... Kinda reminds me of you but not really? I guess the fightin' on court is like you though..." Y/N trails off before turning to Atsumu, who's finally snapped out of his trance.

"What?! He's completely different than he was back at camp! How frightening..." Atsumu mutters as Y/N looks at him curiously.

"Hm?"

Atsumu shakes his head as his eyes narrow at Hinata. 'And also... Who is that?'

The game continues as Y/N and Atsumu find seats a little closer to the match, regularly making comments as they analyse the players. It's quickly becoming more intense, and before they know it, the tiny middle blocker gets rotated to the back row.