Chapter 25

ZOEYS POV

it's been 9 months since the explosion at the apartment. After we got out of the hospital, Spencer moved in with me since his apartment kinda blew up. About 3 months ago I quit the BAU, it was getting too much for me. Especially after the kidnapping. The explosion was investigated but it went cold, we couldn't get a lead on it. There was speculations that it had something to do with Owens, the guy who kidnapped me, but he's dead. Spencer wants to quit, to stay with me, but I won't let him. The team needs him and I'm fine on my own. In someway I'm still apart of the team. I still go out for drinks with them and whenever someone hosts a party, I always go. Sometime I miss it, working at the BAU, but I don't think I was meant for that job, I couldn't handle it. Actually, tonight Rossi is having another one his team get togethers.

"Could you hurry it up in there," Spencer nags from outside the bathroom door.

"I'm doing my makeup," I yell back.

I hear him groan from annoyance, he always says I make us run late for everything. As I step out of the bathroom, his nagging immediately stops.

"Woah," he stammers.

"Oh pick up your jaw, we're gonna be late," I confidently kiss his blushing cheek and walk by him to the door.

When we arrive to David's house everyone is so excited to see me. They all run and hug me and start asking me how I'm doing. I'll tell them the same thing every time. It's not like I don't see them for years upon years, I see them about every month. I guess going from seeing someone everyday to only once a month makes it seem longer. We all sat around Rossi's living room and caught up for awhile.

"Drinks are served," Rossi chants as he enters the room with a tray full of alcohol.

Everyone grabs one but me and Garcia.

"Oh Zoey, I'm the DD tonight, you can go ahead and drink sweetie," Penelope says to me handing me a drink.

"No thank you," I refuse.

"Oh come on short stuff, have some fun with us," Morgan says handing me another.

"No really," I laugh, "I'm good, I uh, think I need to cut down" I lie.

"Zoey, you never drink as it is," Spencer buts in.

"Well then I'm doing a good job, aren't I?"

"Okay whatever you say," Morgan replies taking a sip of the drink he previously offered me.

About 45 minutes later, Spencer takes my hand and drags me into another room.

"Babe," he slurs, "what is wrong with you?"

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Why aren't you drinking with me," he pouts tipsily.

"I just don't want to have a hangover in the morning and stuff,"

"Well you don't have to get hammered, silly"

"I just don't want to okay!" I shout a little.

"Okay geez, sorry," he pushed away from me.

"Spence, I'm sorry come back," I grab his wrist, "I didn't mean to get mad. I'm just not in the mood to drink tonight, I'm still having a good time though. Please don't worry, nothings wrong"

"Okay, you were just acting weird. Come on let's go back," he grabs my hand and leads me back out to where everyone is.

By the end of the night a good amount of the team was drunk. Of course Hotch and Rossi wasn't, Garcia wasn't either since she was the DD of the night. Spencer and Morgan on the other hand were almost waisted. I don't mind, he's just having a good time. Plus, it's cute when he's drunk.

I had my arm around his waist the whole way to the car and to my apartment incase he lost his balance. Good thing he didn't, I wouldn't be able to catch him very well.

"Come on, let's get you to bed," I say unbuttoning Spencer's shirt.

"Oh I see what you want," he says grabbing my waist.

"No silly, that's not what I'm doing," I laugh at him, "I'm trying to help you get ready for bed. You know you are quite drunk,"

"Awe man," he pouts like a child. "I wanted you,"

I laugh at him again, "Spencer you are so drunk," I continue to take his clothes off of him.

"I'm sober enough to know what I want,"

"Spencer Reid!" I jokingly gasp. 

He pulls me in for a kiss. I'm laughing a little more through the kiss but I quick sink into his lips. My lips sync up with his, I take off his shirt the rest of the way and begin to run my hands over his bare chest as he unzips my dress.

"Spencer," I mumble breaking the kiss for a second.

"Yeah," he replies breaking the kiss for another second.

"Are you sure... I don't know...you're drunk... and I feel...." I stutter through his lips.

"Oh I'm sure, this isn't the alcohol talking.

The next morning

I hear a grumble come from beside me as I lay in bed reading.

"Good morning sleepy head," I laugh putting the book on the night stand.

"Good morning," Spencer mumbles with the messiest hair ever.

I roll over and lay my head on his bare chest, "Do you remember last night," I giggle.

"I remember the good part," he laughs back.

"Good," I kiss his cheek giggling some more.

"Do you want me to make some breakfast, babe?" He asks taking the sheets off of himself.

"I won't turn down breakfast in bed," I reply.

A little while later I smell bacon, eggs and toast coming from the kitchen. One moment it smells amazing and the next it's making me sick. I dart out of bed and run to the bathroom connected to our room. Spencer could hear me throwing up from the kitchen.

"Zoey!" He rushes into the room, "what happened?"

"I don't know," I lie, "I just got nauseous,"

"You didn't even drink last night, why are you the one throwing up?" He asked confused.

"I don't know, but I'm going to take a shower to clean myself up," I say trying to get out of the conversation.

"Let me help," he says assisting me with my clothes.

He ends up getting in the shower with me to wash my hair. I was still nauseous and he insisted on helping. When I was all cleaned up he helped me into one of his sweatshirts and led me back to bed.

"Lie down for a while baby, I'll be back to check up on you soon. You need rest," he says throwing the covers over me.

"Spence," I pout, "will you stay with me?"

"Of course sweetheart,"

He crawls into bed with me as I drift off to a deep sleep, thinking about when I should tell him.