Chapter 17

Zoey's pov

"Do you think you'll be okay here alone," Spencer says frantically putting on his shoes at 5:00 am.

"Spencer, calm down, I'm fine. Go, the team needs you," 

Hotch called him not that long ago saying that there is a case and a bad one, I'm guessing it has to do with kids, they needed him there right away. He apologized because Spence was supposed to have 2 weeks off and has only had 1 and a half, but I understand they need him. Plus I'm fine, I could go back to work, but I'm not cleared yet. Spencer is actually freaking out, running around my apartment trying to find his go bag and trying to tie his tie at the same time.

"Spence," I say getting up but he didn't hear me, "Spencer!"  I yelled.

"What!" He yelled back.

"Babe, calm down," I grabbed his hands but he snapped them away and I frown.

"Oh Zoey, I'm sorry. I'm just stressed right now, I was supposed to be with you and now I can't and you're probably mad and..." he starts rambling but I cut him off.

"Babe, I'm not mad, they need you and I'm fine with that, I understand. I'll be fine here alone and if I like start dying I'll call Garcia," I say tying his tie for him.

"I promise to call you as often as I can and I'll text you when I can too. If you need anything just call me okay?" He said grabbing my hands.

"Don't worry about me." I said kissing his cheek, "Now finish getting ready, I'll get your go bag together," 

As I stuff most of his clothes, except his red sweatshirt, in his go bag he is brushing his teeth.

"Okay I gotta go," he said grabbing my waist.

"I love you," I say pressing my lips on his.

"I love you too Zo. I promise I will call you as much as I can,"

"I know I know, now go, they need you," I walk him to the door, give him one more kiss and wave goodbye.

I slowly walk over to the dresser, I grab his red sweatshirt I left out and put it on. It's my favorite of his, I like to burry my face in it and smell it. It smells exactly like him and that's why I love it so much. I look around my room and spot the big teddy bear Spencer got me when I was in the hospital, I go to the corner it was laying in.

Picking it up I stare into its button eyes and say it to," you're going to be my cuddle buddy for a while,"

Crawling back into my bed I hold the stuffed bear in my arms drifting to sleep, the bear also had a slight smell of Spencer.

When I woke up I felt the empty cold bed and I expected to smell pancakes, or bacon, but then I remembered that he wasn't here. I roll over to the night stand sliding my hand around to find my phone, I hear it hit the carpet.

"shit," I mumble getting out of bed to find it.

Once I get my phone I open it up I see I have a text from Spencer, "Good morning sunshine, we landed in Wyoming not that long ago. I thought I would text you and tell you that we landed. Text me when you wake up, I love you baby," I smile at his text, he's so sweet. I text back, "good morning, thank you for texting me and telling me where you were. I love you too,"

I look over to the clock and it reads 8:00am. I put on flip flops, tied my hair up so I didn't look totally homeless, grabbed my keys and wristlet and walked out of my apartment to get Starbucks. As I turned on the car the radio automatically started playing a beautiful song, it was soothing but not to boring that it would put me asleep. Halfway there I heard my phone ring, it was Spencer's ringtone I set special for him. I quickly turn off the music and and answered the phone.