Chapter 19

Spencer's pov

Waking up I see Zoey sleeping so peacefully, I didn't want to wake her up. She'll probably get up set and go 'why didn't you wake me up' but oh well. It's still pretty early and I can tell she's tired, I don't think she got much sleep while I was gone. I think she's still pretty shooken up from what happened, but why shouldn't she be. I just wish she would talk about it to me more, I can tell it bothers her, obviously it bothers her but she's keeping it all in her instead of letting it out.

"Hey," I hear Zoey whisper in my head wrapping her arms around my waist from be hind me. "why didn't you wake me up,"

"You haven't gotten much sleep Zo, go back to sleep," I turn around kissing her on her head.

"No, I'm fine," she shrugged her sleepiness off. "Can we get some Starbucks though and then you can take me home,"

"Um yeah sure, can we talk," I say grabbing her hand leading her to the couch.

"Yeah, about what?" She asked furrowing her eyebrows at me.

"Somethings bothering you Zoey and it's bothering me because when you're upset it makes me upset and I feel like a bad boyfriend because I'm not here to make you feel better and." She cuts me off.

"Spencer, you are not a bad boyfriend at all, but there is something bothering me,"

"You can tell me anything Zo," I take both her hands in mine.

"My mom, she called me while you were gone. She's never been a good mom, but she's trying to change. I told her that I had a wonderful man in my life and that I was happy and she just shuts me down by mentioning my sister, that for all I know could be very well dead,"

"Awe babe, I'm sorry,"

"She told me not to turn into my sister. What is that supposed to mean, she just makes me so mad. Oh god just imagine what she'll do when she finds out about Owens,"

"She doesn't know?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"No, I just don't really wanna bring it up. I don't like talking about it,"

"I know, I'm sorry," I pull her in for a tight hug.

"Okay, let's go get some coffee now," she darts up off the  couch changing the subject.

Zoey gets her usual Caramel Frap and I just get a black coffee. On the way back to her place she talks about how much cleaning up she has to do around the house, I offer to stay and help but she insists that I go home and get some rest.

"Okay I'll pick you back up tonight around 7:30, is that okay?" I asked walking Zoey up to the door.

"Yeah, that's perfect, I'll see you then," she gives me a quick kiss and goes inside her apartment.

Zoey's pov

I need to do some cleaning, but I don't want to. I have enough time to, I'm not going to Rossi's until like 8 so I really should, but yet I'm really tired and I don't want to. Maybe if I take a small nap, then I'll have the energy to get something done.

-6:00-

When I looked at the clock I almost had a heart attack. I only had a hour and a half to shower and get ready, so much for cleaning. Apparently I was more tired than I thought I was. I took longer in the shower than I should've, I let the hot water roll down my back. Finally after I got out of the shower I get dressed in a tight fitting black dress and put my hair up in a high pony tail. I'm planning on letting go tonight and have fun even though it's just at Rossi's and no club or anything. My phone goes off and it's a text from Spencer.