Chapter 7

Zoey's pov
I wake up to an empty bed and the shower running. I look at the clock on the bed side table and it read 6:00.
I close my eyes to get a little more rest before I have to wake up.

I feel a pair of lips press against mine.
"Good morning Zoey," I open my eyes to see Spencer hovering over me.
"Good morning Spence," I mumble still tired.
"What time is it?" I ask rubbing my eyes.
"Uh, 6:30"
"What!" I shout jumping out of bed, "why didn't my alarm go off! Oh my god I forgot to turn it on. Spencer why didn't you wake me up?" I frantically grab my phone.
"I'm sorry, you just looked so comfortable and cute. I didn't want to disturb you," he said grabbing my hand.
"I have to get ready," I pull away from him hand but he grabs me by the waist and pulls me in.
"Hey, you'll be fine," he says calmly.
"Are you sure?" I said calming down.
"I'm positive Zo," he said nearly a whisper.
I lay my head on his should as he wraps him arms around me.
"Thank you for calming me down," I whisper.
"Of course babe,"
"But I really should get ready now," I give him a peck on the cheek and get in the shower.

"See, I told you we would be on time," Spencer says grabbing my hand as we walk out of our hotel room.
"True but I did have to hurry," I joke.
"I wonder what's in store for us today at our lovely job," Spencer jokes.

We were the last ones to arrive at the station in California that we were set up at.
"Okay everyone, I want JJ and Prentisse so to the first crime scene and see if we missed anything and Reid and Hanson go talk to all of the victims parents and spouses about the high school they all went to," Hotch orders.
"Shall we go," I giggle grabbing Spencer's hand.
"Yes we shall,"

We get into the SUV and he grabs my hand.
"We've got 30 minutes until we get there, what do you wanna talk about?"
"Oh I don't know," I replied.
"What do you got on your mind Zo?" He looked at me concerned.
"Nothing," I say brushing it off.
"Zo, I know you're thinking about something. What's wrong?"
"Ugh I need to stop lying to profilers," I roll my eyes and giggle.
"Really what's wrong," he puts his hand on my knee.
"It's really nothing, I'm just thinking about last night," I say looking out the window.
"What, your nightmare?" He asked.
"No,"
"Our kiss?" He smirks a little.
"Kind of,"
"Then what?" He asked.
"I don't know I just feel like we're kind of rushing into things. We haven't even been dating a week and we're already said that we love each other," I keep looking out the window.
"I know and I'm sorry I didn't mean to. I," He starts to explain but I cut him off.
"You didn't mean it?" I shout a little.
"I mean yes, no, I love you but,"
"Spencer there is no but, you either love me or you don't," I yell.
"I do, I love you. You just said you thought we were rushing into things but now you're yelling at me because I agree with you," he shouts pulling the car over.
"What are you doing?" I roll my eyes.
"I don't want to drive while we're fighting," he turns the car off.
"Listen all I'm saying is that I don't want things to go too fast between us," I explain.
"Okay I'm sorry I said it," he turned the car back on.
"No that's not what I mean,"
"What do you mean then Zoey!" He shouts, it scares me a little and I jump.
"Oh god I'm sorry I yelled like that," he apologizes and puts his hand back on my knee.
"I just don't want things to go wrong between us, I don't want to lose you because we're rushing into things. I'm not saying I don't love you, I do love you. But can we take things a little slower," I put my hand on his.
"Of course Zo, I'm sorry I yelled at you like that." He intertwines his fingers with mine.
"Can we go now? We need to talk to the families," I say changing the topic.
"Yeah, sorry lets go," he starts driving again.

The rest of the ride was pretty quiet we didn't talk much. We arrived at Ellie Myers parents house.

"Mrs and Mr Myer?" I ask as they open the door.
"I'm Dr.Zoey Hanson and this is Dr. Spencer Reid. We're with the FBI," I says holding up our credentials.
"Are you here to ask us questions about Ellie?" Ellie's dad asked
"Yes sir, if you don't mind we would like to talk about her high school years," Spencer says.
"Come in," Mrs. Myers held open the door for us.

"Was Ellie friends with the following people, Cameron Ball and Timothy Taylor?" I ask
"Um yes actually, they dated her at a time," Ellie's mom replied.
"Really?" Our eyes got wide.
"Can you think of anyone that was jealous of Cameron or Timothy that wanted Ellie?" Spencer asked leaning forward.
"Um, no I can't remember that far back. I'm sorry,"
"That's perfectly fine, thank you for your help," we both get up and head back to the SUV.

"Hotch, we got something," Spencer says into the phone to Hotch and I call Garcia.
"Hey Garcia, I need you to look up any thing and everything on West Grant Hight School," I say to Garcia.
"West Grant High let's see, nothing much really. Oh wait there was a fire there that killed an Emily King, oh my god," she paused
"What is it?" I ask quickly.
"She was blond with blue eyes just like Ellie. Double oh my god!" She almost screams.
"What Garcia!"
"The fire was set by our two victims Cameron and Timothy and they were both threatened to be killed by a Jimmy Brown that was her boyfriend,"
"Oh my god that could be out unsub," I say happily.
"Honey I think it is our unsub," we hang up.
"Spence, call Hotch again, I'm pretty sure we got him. Cameron and Timothy set a fire killing a girl named Emily King, she was blonde with blue eyes just like Ellie and Jimmy Brown, her boyfriend, threatened to kill them. It looks like he finally got what he wanted." I explained.
"Okay makes sense, but why would he kill Ellie then?" He asked.
"Because she reminded him of Emily, now call Hotch,"

We got Jimmy. He was actually about the kill another blonde girl with blue eyes right when we got there. She went to the hospital and she's okay now.

~on the jet~

"Here you go," Spencer says handing me a cup of coffee,
"Thanks Spence," I smile and give him a peck on the cheek.
"Hey Zoey?" JJ calls for me.
"Yeah?" I answer.
"You wanna go out for a couple drinks Saturday night with me and the girls?" She asked.
"I'd love to," I smile and look over at Spencer, he looked a little upset.
"Hey what's wrong?"
"Well I was going to ask you if you wanted to go on our first real date on Saturday," he said looking upset.
"Awe Spence," I coo "how about Friday?"
"Okay!" A smile quickly grows on his face.
It was only Wednesday and Hotch gave us the rest of the week off for some reason. Hopefully these next days off will be with Spencer.
-----------------------------------------
A/N
Hey guys, how are you liking it so far, I don't really have much to say so yeah. Don't forget to vote and comment. Bye love you😘