Chapter 10

One month later; Zoey's pov

It's been a month since me and Spencer have been together and we have to spend our anniversary at work, at least we will be together. Spencer is taking me to a restaurant today after work to celebrate, I'm so excited.

"Happy one month anniversary Zoey," Spencer says grabbing my waist and pulling me in for a kiss when I arrived at work.

"Happy anniversary to you too,"I coo kissing him back.

"Hey love birds," Morgan said patting our backs interrupting the kiss.

"Hey Derek," I giggle as Spence rolls his eyes.

When we walk in everyone is sitting at the round table. Me and Spencer take a seat next to each other.

"Okay my fine furry friends there were 3 bodies found in North Coraline. They were all reported missing  3 days before they were found dead. The girls boyfriends reported them missing," Garcia announced to the team.

"So he's targeting girls with boyfriends," I chime in (P!ATD af)

"Well the boyfriend said they woke up in a dark alley and remember getting hit in the back of the head with a crow bar, they all said that," she explained.

"What if he is keeping the boyfriends alive so they go through the pain of seeing their girlfriends dead. Maybe the unsub went through something like that, seeing his partner dead and he wants other people to experience the pain," I suggest.

"Good thinking Hanson," Rossi compliments me and I smile.

"Was there any signs of sexual assault?" Morgan asked.

"Negative," Garcia said

"Do the girls have anything in common?" Prentisse asked.

"That's the thing I don't really want to say," Penny looks down.

"What is it?" Spencer asked.

"Well they all uh had long brown hair and big brown eyes and about 5.5 to 5.7," Garcia says softly.

"That describes me perfectly," I say, I look over at Spencer and he looks worried.

"Hanson, I think it's best for you to stay here," Hotch suggested.

"Wait no!" I argue.

"Why not?"

"It's our one month anniversary, we have to spend it together," I say grabbing Spencer's hand under the table.

"Okay, but we will keep you at the station at all times," Hotch gives in. "Wheels up in twenty,"

That kinda upsets me that I can't go out and help them find the guy, at least I can help in the station. I'm kinda freaked out though, the description of the victims matches me perfectly.

"Zo why don't you just stay here, you'll be safer," Spencer argues with me.

"It's our anniversary I'm spending it with you and that's final," I peck his cheek and walk off to get my go bags.

~on the jet~

"Okay I want JJ and Rossi go talk to the victims parents, Morgan and Prentisse go to the morgue, Reid Hanson and I will go set up at the station," Hotch announced.

"So where are we going tonight for our anniversary tonight?" I asked laying my head on Spencer's shoulder.

"Well I don't really know since we aren't in Virginia anymore, I'll figure something out," he replies kissing my head.

When we land me Spence and Hotch all get in a SUV and drive to the station we are setting up in.

"Reid you stay here with Hanson for know, I'll call you if I need you for anything," Hotch says before leaving.

"Yay, you get to stay with me!" I squeal hugging Spencer.

"It makes me mad that I can't help you guys though," I pout.

"Well you can help here, It's for your safety Zo," he said kissing my head.

"I know," I groan.

The team didn't really call for anything, Derek and Emily found out that the unsub killed the girls by beating them and then shooting them in the head. JJ and Rossi didn't find anything connecting the girls expect for their looks.  Hotch orders the team to go to a hotel and double up on rooms. Me and Spencer got rooms together, but we didn't stay in the room very long.

"Are you ready to go babe?" Spencer asked grabbing my hand.

"Yep, let's go," I smiled as we walking out of our hotel room.

He takes me to a small restaurant close to the hotel. It doesn't matter where we went all that matter was that we are together, he didn't even have to take me to a restaurant but he insisted.

"So Zoey, tell me more about your family," he said when we sit down at the restaurant.

"What do you mean, I told you all of it already," I said trying to change the subject.

"No, tell me about them," he chuckled.

"Ugh fine. I haven't talked to my mom and dad since my first day at the BAU, we were never really close. My brother is in the military and had been since he was 20 and he's 36 now. My sister ran away when she was 17 to be with her boyfriend, she's 30 now and I haven't seen her since." I admit.

"Wow, I'm sorry Zo," he grabs my hand from across the table.

"Yeah, maybe I should call my parents," I sigh.

"You really should, and if you want to find out more about your brother or sister we have a Penelope Garcia," Spencer says jokingly but yet serious.

"I'll keep that in mind," I laugh.

"I think I'm going to call my parents when we get done with this case and tell them all about you," I say smiling

"Good," he smiles back.

We had to leave the restaurant practically right after we ate our food because we got there almost at midnight because of the case. We decided to take a small walk before going back to the hotel.

"Tonight was fun," I say intertwining my fingers with Spencer's.

"Yeah it was, and I promise I'll take you out for a better dinner when we get back home,"

"You don't have to Spence I had a lot of fun tonight," I stopped walking and stood in front of him.

"Kiss me," I whisper biting my lip.

He grabs my waist pulling me in closing the space between us, I wrap my arms around his neck and put my forehead on his. He gently presses his lips into mine while his hands run up and down my back. I place my hand on his cheek deepening the kiss. His tongue slides down my throat as I run my fingers through his soft brown hair.

Then everything happened so fast but I remember it so well. Suddenly I feel his hands quickly pull away from my waits and his lips detach from mine.  I feel a sharp pain in the back of my head before I fall to the ground, I can only keep my eyes open a little longer. Someone is dragging me, Spencer is on the ground slightly calling my name. Then it stops, I can't hear Spencer anymore.

Everything goes black when I realized, I've just been kidnapped by our unsub.

--------------------------------------
A/N
OOOHH cliffhanger!!

Don't forget to vote and comment😘