Chapter 24

Spencer's POV

After we got off the plane, I drove Zoey and I back to my place. She's been under a lot of stress and I wanted to help her relieve it. I was planning on drawing her a warm bath and making her some pasta and just let her have her time to herself, but that plan changed after we got to my place. As she was putting her bag near my dresser, I grabbed her by the waist from behind and pulled her into me kissing her neck just slightly.

"Spencer", she giggles. She's so sensitive on her neck, she can never tell if the kiss tickles or feels good.

"Hmm", I answer as I continue to kiss her.

She turns around looking deep into my eyes. We both looked at each other the same way. I grab her by the waist and slowly pull her into me and placing my lips gently on hers. The kiss begins to get rough and my hands start to wonder, exploring parts of her that I haven't felt before. I suddenly stop before I go any further.

"Are you okay?" I ask nervously.

"Yes I'm more than okay, Spencer," She replies with confidence.

"Do you want to do this, because if you don't it's okay. We can stop and if," she cuts me off with her lips on mine again.

"I'm guessing you want to?" I mumble between her lips.

"Yes", she quickly says before continuing.

I pick her up as she wraps her legs around me and I carry her to my bed. I climbed on top of her and began to undress her as she unbuckled my pants. I saw her beautiful body for the first time, I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Every part of her was perfect, every single thing.

"Are you ready?" I ask, making sure she's comfortable with this.

"Yeah,"

We laid there when we were done for about 10 minutes just trying to comprehend with just happened.

"Was it.."

"Yes, it was...wow," We both were breathing heavily and then all of the sudden, not at all.

There was a loud noise, but at the same time there was no noise to it at all. I'm guessing it was an explosion, but I'm not sure since I was knocked out right when it hit. The next thing I knew I was in a hospital bed. I tried to look around but my vision was impaired and I had a massive headache.

"Probably a concussion," I said to myself.

A doctor came in not long after.

"Hello, sir, could you tell me your name?" The man asked.

"I'm Spencer Reid," I mumbled, "What is going on?"

"Well sir, a bomb went off in your apartment complex. Most didn't make it out alive, but you were very lucky"

"What! Where's Zoey?" I said frantically "My girlfriend, she was with me when the bomb went off,"

"As of now we don't know many names of the victims. If you could give me a description I will look and give you an update as soon as I can"

I wanted to get out of this bed and search for her myself but I knew I was too weak for that. I gave into the doctors request, "She has brown hair, brown eyes. She's about 5'5, 120 pounds. Her name is Zoey Hanson"

"Thank you, do you happen to remember what type of clothes she was wearing when the bomb went off?" The doctor asked.

"Well...um," I stuttered embarrassed, "she wasn't"

"I'm sorry sir I don't understand,"

"She wasn't wearing any clothes," I blurted out.

"Oh, okay. I understand, thank you"

15 minutes later the same doctor came into my room again, "She's here sir. She's alive, but in critical condition. She had to have emergency surgery when she arrived and her heart is very weak"

"What! I need to see her," I start to get out of the bed but a few nurses stop me.

"I can't let you do that, you are still very injured yourself and you need to stay right here. You have a very bad concussion, multiple cuts and entry wounds  from shrapnel," The doctor explained.

"That doesn't seem to bad to me!" I exclaimed struggling out of the bed, "Please let me see her," I begged.

"Okay, but it can't be for too long," The doctor gave in.

As a nurse led me to her room I prepared myself. The nurse slowly opened the door to her room and let me in. I walked over to the side of her bed trying not to wake her. I grabbed her hand and buried my face in it, crying. I couldn't stop crying. I guess my crying woke her up.

"Spencer?" She mumbled.

"Yes baby?" I said and quickly wiped my tears away.

"What happened?" She asked confused.

"There was a bomb in my apartment building, you had to have emergency surgery," I explained to her.

"Did we... you know?"

"Yeah"

She started to laugh, "Sorry, I'm not laughing because of that. I just find it funny that it happened after that," she said in between laughter, "it's like we made the apartment explode,"

She's in shock. It's normal for people to act like this when they almost lost their life.

"I guess you're right," I laugh with her, "but hey, you need to take it easy. Your heart is very weak right now. I was told I wasn't aloud to stay for too long so you can get more rest. You need it"

"Okay," she gave in.

"Okay, I'm right down the hall". I closed the door on my way out

A/N
WOAH DID I JUST UPDATE THIS BOOK AFTER 3 YEARS??? Yes I did lol. This kind of tied the ending together, but if y'all want more just leave some comments and I can keep going for a bit??