Chapter 21

Spencer's pov

Right when we got off the plane me and Zoey headed for the SUV. I'm still skeptical about her talking to her sisters husband, but it's her own decision, not mine.

Right before we got out of the car to go up to the house I grabbed her hand and said, "I love you,"

"I love you," she pecked my cheek and got out of the car.

"Hey if you need anything while we're in there, if you can't finish your sentence or anything, I'll be there," I take my thumb and rub her hand.

"Thank you," she smiles and knocks on the door.

Shortly after a tall man around my height came to the door, he was in pajamas and looked a mess, he's wife was just abducted so I didn't really expect anything else.

"Chris Miller?" Zoey asked, her face went pale when she saw him, she remembered his face from when she first met him.

"Yeah, who's asking?" He replied.

"FBI," she said as we showed our credentials.

"Oh my god," Chris said looking at Zoey's credentials, "Zoey Hanson. You're...you're," he started to cry.

"Yes, I'm Kelsey's sister,"

"Please come in," he held the door open for us and we took a seat on his couch.

"I know this is a hard time for you, it's a hard time for me too, but can you answer some questions?" She asked.

"Yes of course," he answered.

We asked him questions about Kelsey's life and when and where he last saw her. Zoey learned a lot about her sister and we learned a lot information for the case.

We got back to the police station and everyone was there waiting for us to get back.

We all talked about what information we found while we were out. Me and Zoey shared with the team that Kelsey worked as a waitress and that's where she went missing from, she never came home from work. JJ and Morgans said the victims died from asphyxiation.

"He wanted to feel the life leave their bodies," I said. "He must be angry, or feel as they did something to him and he wants revenge," 

"Something traumatic happened to him to trigger the killing and we need to find out what that was," Rossi chimed in.

"I want to check out where all of the victims worked. JJ and Emily, go to Monica's work, Derek and I will go to Kelsey's work and Spencer and Zoey go to Britney's work," Hotch says.

I look over at Zoey and she's in total panic. She's crying, shaking and gasping for air. She's having and anxiety attack.

"Zoey!" I exclaimed running to her.

"Sit down baby," I pulling a chair harshly over to her and help her sit down, "put your head in between your legs, it'll help you breath," Shortly after everyone else came running to assist.

"Guys don't crowd her," Hotch orders as everyone backs up, but me.

"Listen to my voice baby, breath with my voice," I calmly talk to her rubbing her hand.

In the amount of time it took Emily to get a water for her, Zoey calmed down.

"Are you okay sweetie?" I took my hands in hers.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Just an anxiety attack, that's all," she said brushing it off like it's nothing.

"Zoey, it's not nothing, this is a big deal. I don't think you should work the rest of the day,"

"No! I have to work!" She slightly yelled with a tear rolling down her cheek.

"Come on baby, we need to talk," I take her hand in mine and lead her into another room away from all everybody else and everything.

"Hey, what's going on with you?" I close the door to the office we were in and sat down next to you.

"My sisters abducted and I'm worried," she said quick and simple trying to get it out of the way.

"Zoey, there's more to it. I know there is, you've been going through so much lately and you're not getting it off your chest. You have to talk about it or it'll get built up in your system and eventually, you'll explode,"

"Everything is just going wrong," she started, "first me, now my sister, my mom hates me. Spencer, you're the only thing going right in my life right now. And I keep thinking that if I ignore everything that's causing my anxiety and stress, I'll forget about it, and it'll go away. I was wrong, I was so wrong Spencer. I kept everything to myself and when we were talking about the case everything just came to mind and I kept thinking about things that could happen, like not finding Kelsey, or losing you, or losing myself. Part of me thinks that it's this job that's doing it to me, maybe I can't handle it, but if I can handle it, am I even human anymore?" She tried to hold back tears, but she let them all out in the crook of my neck.

"I'm so sorry baby, I want you to know that you can always tell me anything, it doesn't matter what it is, or what it's about, you can always talk to me and I'll be there to listen," I rubbed her back gently.

"Thank you so much, Spence," she wraps her arms around my neck.

"Of course sweetie," I hugged back, "I don't want you to put to much on yourself for the rest of the day, just take a break. Please,"

"You know I don't want to, but I will," she gave in.

"Thank you," I take her hand in mine and lead her out of the room.

"Is there anywhere Zoey could relax for a little?" I asked the officer.

"Yes, there's a room with a couch and tv down the hall," the officer pointed me to it.

Once me and Zoey got to the small cozy room, probably made for family's to wait in, I sat her down on the couch.

"Do you need anything sweetie?"

"No, I think I'm good," she declined.

"Okay, I'll be back to check on you in about on hour when I get back. Call me if you need anything," I give her a quick kiss and walk out leaving her to rest.

AN//

Hey guys, sorry it's been a while since I've updated, I've been very busy lately but I promise more frequent updates