34. I KNOW WHO YOU REALLY ARE.

Alex's POV:

"Who dared to betray us?" I ask as I grit my teeth in fury.

"Glad you asked," Eighteen glowered as she rose up from her seat with two guns.... Pointing each towards me and Meghan.

Meghan got up from her seat as well. I was so star stuck to comprehend what was happening. Why is eighteen targeting Meghan and me?

I slowly get to my feet still dazed. I look at the gun then back at eighteen. My face mirrors confusion as I look at her.

"Why are you pointing your guns at us eighteen?" I ask the question which was killing me on the inside.

"Yeah, why are you pointing at us? Wh-Why would you think we would betray you?" Meghan questions. I don't look at her as stare at eighteen
hoping to find a fragment of emotion.

My heart was beating against my ribcage as I held her eyes without breaking away. Does she really think I would betray her? Break her faith?

"I don't think. I know," she replies crisply still holding my eyes hostage. A bile rises in my throat when she had a blank stare. It felt like a knife pierced through me with overflowing grief and agony.

"Do you seriously think I would do that to you...Elena?" I mumble slowly to Elena rather than eighteen. The Elena who was my best friend. The Elena who punched me when we first met. The Elena who cared for everyone. The Elena who I am looking for, hoping I could get her back.

My eyes brims with unshed tears at the thought of her not trusting me enough that even if my life is at stake, I won't betray her.

"I don't have to think anymore. I know who it is," she states void of any feeling.

I close my eyes as I hear her pull the trigger. I wait for the pain but it never comes. I slowly open my eyes to see it wasn't me who was shot. It was...

Meghan.

I froze in terror to see Meghan on the floor. A sense of dread filled in me with the thought of losing my sister. I rushed towards her instantaneously.

"Megs?! Meghan!!" I trembled anxiously.

What in the world is happening?

I turn my gaze to eighteen in exasperation. "What did you do?"

"She isn't dead. I just tased her," she says still with fury when she eyes Meghan.

I notice that there is no bullet wound in her. Why did she tase Meghan? Does she think that Meghan is the traitor? What is happening?

"Jayden, Raleigh," she calls which is soon followed my two sets of footsteps.

"Take her to the cell where Antonio is. Let me know when she wakes up," she says and looks at me, now, which had thousands of emotions.

Fear, worry, sadness, and above all.......Hurt.

"What is happening Elena? Why should Meghan be imprisoned?" I growl in anger.

"She is the one who has been selling us out," eighteen says, hurt evident in her tone.

"She won't. Eighteen, there has to be a misunderstanding. Megs... She would never do that... Trust me," I whisper. Why did she come to a conclusion that Meghan would do something like that?

She closes her eyes tightly and lets out a sigh. She looks hurt and worn out just like me. She opens her eyes and looks at me with a look of remorse. She shares a silent apology to me and turns towards Raleigh and Jayden.

"Take her to the prison," she states dejectedly.

Anger overpowers me as I walk towards her and grab hold of her shoulders.

"Are you in the right state of mind Elena? I am repeating myself again and again that Meghan won't do that!!! Why don't you understand? She is my Sister!!" I scream shaking her shoulders hoping she would realize what she is doing.

She pushes my hand away. "She is my best friend too. You think it's easy for me? I am hurt just like you. I didn't expect her to deceive me, deceive us but she did," she says, anger and hurt lasing her tone.

"I still don't believe it. What made you conclude so?" I ask as I clench my hand. I stare at her wishing to find at least a speck of lie, but all I see is crystal clear truth.

I look down at the floor and shake my head vigorously. Meghan won't... She was all loving and caring sister anyone can ever ask for. Why would she..?

"My sister won't do that," I mumble dejectedly.

"I really hope you're right. I really do," she states with the same tone as mine.

***

Meghan was bound to the metal chair next to Antonio who had a permanent frown on his face. I was looking at them through the two-way mirror which can't let them look at me. Eighteen stood in front of them with her hands crossed with her back to me and agent forty-seven.

I notice Meghan slowly get back her conscious as she looks around, dread filling in her. She looks at eighteen with wide eyes.

"Eighteen, what's going on? Why am I in the prison?" she queries with confused tone.

"Cut the crap Meghan. I know who you really are," eighteen states with a deadpan tone.

"What is going on? Where's Alex? Does he know how you're treating his sister?" she question as she tries to pull her hands free. I close my eyes and shake my head unable to look at my sister as guilt washes over me. I look up when eighteen speaks.

"You really are a good actor Meghan. I must admit, if it wasn't for him," she motions towards Antonio, "I would have never found out," she expresses still with an impassive blank tone, though I note a hint of hurt in it.

"Ti ci è voluto abbastanza," I tense and snap my head up when I hear Meghan speak. The usual caring smile and loving expression was morphed into wicked smile and evil expression.

I and dad go rigid as we look at each other in shock and turn back to look at Meghan. Eighteen doesn't respond anything in return as she clenched her fist.

I don't wait a second and leave the two-way mirror room and open the metal barricade. Eighteen turns around to look at me, but my eyes are trained on two particular people.

"My little brother. Nice of you to join us," she says smugly. I glare at her in absolute hurt and anger, still a little part of me hoping she is not the betrayer.

I hear a chuckle as I snap my head towards Antonio. He held my gaze with a sly smirk.

"Hello there, son."