5. HELP! WE'RE DROWNING. CALL THE CHIEF.

Alex's POV:

We keep walking toward our dorm as I steal glances at her. She kept walking faster than usual. On reaching our dorm, she swipes the card. We hear a ping as the door opens to show a dimly lit living room.

Well, every time I step in, I need to remind myself it's less of a dorm and more like a mansion. The living room is huge with a TV mounted on it. The couch in front of the TV is occupied by our hacker, Jennifer, who is peacefully sleeping with her multi-billion dollars laptop on her chest.

Eighteen walks past the living room towards Ben's room. It's not like she didn't notice Jennifer. We know Jennifer is a light sleeper and she would wake up in a snap.

"Wake her and Meghan. Then join me on the mission to wake those idiots," She says as she strides upstairs.

I chuckle and walk toward Jen. I slowly take the laptop off and place it on the coffee table with the folder. I shake her which immediately results in her opening her eyes. Jennifer is like those people who would sleep before you count to ten and wake up with a light shake.

"Another mission?" she asks reaching for her glasses. It's quite common for us to wake up and hear that we have to leave on the mission. At first, you might get frustrated but later on, you get used to it.

I nod my head slowly. She quickly gets up from her couch, grabs her laptop and walks toward her room to grab her other technical stuff.

I sigh as I walk toward Megan's room. She would wake up too, but there is a small problem. She is not a morning person.

I reach her room and place my fingerprint. We installed all of our fingerprints for everyone's room so, during times like these, it would be helpful. Everyone's except for Eighteen. She is the only person who can enter her room because she prefers so.

I pull my finger back when the small device shows a green signal as the door clicked open.

I walk in to meet complete darkness. Meghan prefers to shut all of her lights before she goes to sleep and that's the only way to wake her up.

I aimlessly pat the wall in search of the switch. I know it is somewhere on the right. After a few seconds, I finally get the switch and turn it on to see Meghan is bundled up in her blankets. She clenches her eyes and groans in frustration before covering herself with the duvet. I walk toward her and shake her shoulders.

"Meghan," I call out.

"Let me sleep, Alex," she says burying her face in her pillow.

"We got a mission."

She pulls the duvet down and squints her eyes before blinking to get used to the light.

"Now?" she asks as I nod my head. She lets out a huff before getting off the bed and walking toward the bathroom, grumbling something under her breath.

Two done, two more.

I leave the room and walk toward Liam's room. Just as I enter, my jaw drops open to see Eighteen push Liam off the bed. I place my palm to cover my mouth when he falls to the floor, banging his head on the ground.

He opens his eyes and grumbles something as he sits up, rubbing his injured head.

I look up to see a satisfied look on Eighteen's face with her accomplishment. Liam looks at me before turning towards the source who disturbed his sleep.

"Good morning," She said. Liam glared at her.

"What is wrong with you?"

"Nothing. We got a mission and I had to wake you up."

"Then you should have used your voice. Why push me off?" he complained.

"Use my voice? I was screaming for ten minutes," she says, placing her hands on her hips. He looks away toward the clock and his eyes widen in shock.

"It's the middle of the night. Why should we wake up this soon?"

"Chief's order," I say.

"Chief really needs to fix his clock," Liam said, annoyance lacing his voice as he walked towards his walk-in closet.

Eighteen shook her head and walked towards me. "Three done."

"One left," I complete the sentence. We walk towards the world's heaviest sleeper who actually sleeps like a dead animal. Waking him up is like sneezing with your eyes open.

Eighteen unlocks the door and steps in. Ben was sleeping peacefully with his soft toy which he named Mr Ted. Well, Jennifer decided to take hacking to another level by creating Scott gadget and installing it in the bear. When Ben got to know about it, he was on his toes to steal it from her. Jen being a big-hearted person, decided to lend it over to him. And Ben has been obsessed with that hideous-looking bear.

Eighteen walked towards Ben and stood in front of him as she contemplated how to wake him up.

Instead of helping her out, I walk towards a chair and sit comfortably down and wait for the show to unfold. She looks back, left and right, before spotting me.

"Care to help?" she asks. I shake my head.

"Nope. I think I'm good," I say with an innocent smile. She glares before rolling her eyes back towards Ben. She rolls up her sleeves and starts by calling out his name and later shouts, but no reaction. I don't think he would wake up even if there was an earthquake.

Meghan and Liam walked in and joined Eighteen on a new mission to wake Ben up after they both were fully dressed up.

Good luck with that.

I tried once in the past and I never wanna try it again.

Jen joins us with her professional backpack and a video game player in her hand which she preferably likes to call a hacking device. She looks up from her video game to where all others are unwrapping Ben from his blankets and pillows.

"I am not even gonna ask what's happening," she states casually.

"Smart choice," I reply with a smile.

"I am leaving for the port. Will you let cap know about it?"

"Sure will."

And off she goes.

I finally decided to join the team to wake Ben up. Liam leans closer and whispers, "Was he drugged last night?"

Meghan shakes her head and replies, "Nope. I am pretty sure he is dead,"

I turn towards Liam and whisper my evil plan. Liam smiles wickedly and leaves the room. Eighteen huffs and throws her hands up in frustration and turns around to notice me standing behind her.

"So you finally decided to lend a hand?" she queried.

"Nope. I am here to ask a question?"

"Shoot," she says.

"How does a person win a battle?"

"By hitting the weakest spot," she smiles and nods her head in understanding.

The next second Eighteen is pulling the bear out of Ben's grip.

"No," he screams with his eyes still closed.

I turn around to see Liam with a bucket of water. When Eighteen gets hold of the bear, Ben opens his eyes only to close them again as a bucket of cold water is splashed on his face.

"Help! We're drowning. Call the chief."