22. NICE TO MEET YOU.

Agent Eighteen's POV:

"Can we really trust him? I mean, I am not sure whether this would work," Meghan says while I stuff my knives and guns in their place.

"I think Meghan is right eighteen. What's the probability that he won't backstab us?" I don't need to turn around to know it was Jen who spoke. Who else would use the word 'probability' these days except for her?

"You need to trust me on this. We need information about the head of the gang to take him out of the equation. And we use Maria to extract info and then we will let her go. Simple," I say and grab hold of my dual batons and place it in its holder on my back.

I turn around to see Liam and Alex walking down the stairs taking to each other. Ben and Noah were on the couch with Ben blabbering not stop about his lame jokes. Jen and Meghan right in front of me frowning about the plan.

"Let's leave. We are getting late," I say and march out of the mansion. Everyone follows suit and gets settled into the van. I drive for half an hour or so before reaching the destination. I turn around in my seat to look at Noah.

"You will wear this mic" I give him a small device and he gets hold of it, "It will help us to hear the conversation of you and Maria when you meet."

"Everyone get to your positions," I say and get out of the van which I parked few blocks away from the park. We walk a little further to reach the park.

Noah sits down on a bench. Ben and Meghan walks towards the ice cream parlor acting casually. Jen, I and Alex are on a building keeping tabs on everyone and hacking into cameras to know when Maria walks in. Liam is seated in a coffee shop across the park.

Jen was watching the surveillance cameras, I and Alex were searching for her through binoculars. As far as I know Maria is not stupid enough to directly march towards Noah. She, for sure, has something planned when she said 'I will take care of the rest'.

It's been ten minutes but there was no sign of Maria yet. Just as I was about to retract my binoculars, I saw Noah pick up his phone.

"Hello?" he says into the phone.

"I am here," I hear the caller say through the mic. With those three words, the call ended. With confused gaze, I turned towards Alex. He shrugs his shoulders indicating 'I don't know what to say'. I hear Jen cursing at her system.

"What happened?" I ask walking towards Jen.

"Why are my systems shutting off?" she asks frustration lasing her voice.

"I can't see the surveillance footage. My computer is working on battery backup but it won't last long," she says with anger lasing her voice.

"She is here. Liam, Ben, Meghan, stay alert. She can be anywhere," I say still scanning through my binoculars.

"Noah, do you have any idea where she is?" I ask through the comms.

"Calm down. She will be here eventually," he says casually leaning back on his bench. I glare daggers at the back of his head.

"I don't like that guy. I would have stabbed him for what he pulled in the building if he didn't agree to help us," Alex says muting his comms so only I could hear. I chuckle.

I notice Noah picking up another call.

"At the sunset coffee point," I hear through comms. So, Maria want to meet Noah at coffee shop where Liam is stationed.

How convenient.

"Liam, stay cautious. Noah and Maria will enter the coffee shop now."

"Copy that," he says through the comms. It is effortless for me to keep an eye on the shop as it is perpendicular to the building where I am at. I see Noah enter the shop and takes a seat on the booth near to the window. Within few seconds, I see a person with hoodie slides effortlessly inside the booth.

There she is.

"Noah, act casual. We will be leaving in 2 minutes 42 seconds to be exact," I hear Maria say to Noah.

"Maria, I need to tell you something," Noah says executing plan A which was to talk Maria into meeting us.

"Not now Noah. We will be leaving soon. We will talk at our place," she says casually sipping the coffee.

"But it's important," he presses.

She lets out a sigh. "What is it?" she asks.

"Look, what I told you in the phone was a complete lie," she stares at him with wide eyes, "Well, not complete though. I was caught by few agents. They said they want you to lend information about the gang and in return they promised for a secure life. I didn't mean to lie to you but..." he continues to explain her.

I stop hearing to their conversation and took a close look at the coffee shop.

Something is strange.

I notice few men in leather jacket and combat boots casually walk through the park towards the shop.

No. Not again.

"Liam, help Noah and Maria to escape through the back door. Now!!" I tell through the comms.

He doesn't need to be told twice. He gets up from his seat and drags Noah and Maria out through the back door.

"Ben, Meghan. Help Liam to take both of them to a safe place. The gangsters are here," I say and turn around to face Alex and Jen.

"Alex, take Jen to the van," I say and run past him. I don't make it very far as I was stopped in my tracks by Alex.

"What are you gonna do?"

"I am gonna show them who they are messing with," I say and run fast towards the shop. I get to the back door to see it leads to an alley way. Liam and Meghan were fighting off the men while Ben was leading Noah and Maria towards the van. I help Meghan and Liam to buy some time for Ben.

I point my glock 26 at men and start firing. There are too many of them. How did they know that we are here? Did they come for us or for Maria?

I hide behind the garbage container and take shots at them. Meghan comes by my side.

"How do we hold them off?" she asks.

"I don't know. We have to buy some time for Ben until he safely makes to the van with Maria and Noah," I say and shoot down few men.

I noticed that they were running out of ammunition. They started to march towards us with their daggers and knifes. Some of them were also throwing those at us but I have to say, they suck at aiming. I get hold of the knife and threw it back hitting the arm.

After few minutes, they realized that they have lost too many of their teammates and decides to back off.

Good for them.

I place my gun back at my holster and walk towards the van. I see Alex and Ben running towards us.

"You okay?" Alex questions.

"Yeah," I mumble and walk towards Maria.

She stands beside Noah slightly scared. I give her a reassuring smile and stretch my hand for a shake.

"Nice to meet you, Katherine Brown," I say with a small smirk as all of them looked shocked about the revelation of her real name.

"You too, Miss Sterling," she shakes my hand.