❁ Chapter 11 | nina

Start from the beginning

Inhaling breeze of the cool air, I look up at the sky. It's not rainy today, much like it has been for the past few weeks but it was definitely gloomy. This was the kind of weather that made me want to curl up in my bed with a good book in hand and a soft blanket around me.

"You look really beautiful today." Ethan says making me glance back at him.

"Thank you." I responded politely.

"I mean, you look beautiful everyday." He adds this time.

"Thank you." I repeat.

If I had a penny for the amount of times this man has fed me compliments every time we've spoken, I'd be living in a mansion with a swimming pool the size of a football field.

"I think our story turned out quite successful, don't you think?" Ethan husks out making me nod.

"I'd say so." I respond excitedly. I've been getting tons of feedback on it."

"Anything new you working on?" He asks me as we get closer to my car.

"Yeah! Hoping to start on an artist profile on the guy I met down at the fair." I say thinking back to Niall. "That is, if he calls me anytime soon." I admit letting out a laugh.

He gives me a nod and a charming smile. "So...about that dinner." He trails off. "You up for it yet?"

"Wow, you're very persistent aren't you," I say with a laugh.

"Hard not to be." Ethan says sheepishly. "Gotta do it before someone steals you away from me."

"I'm still busy." I lie. "I've got Lenny and just don't have the time."

The first thing that popped into my mind was the conversation I had with Harry. I had told him I wasn't ready for us just yet and it would be completely unfair for me to just start dating someone else.

Ethan gives me a pout and tilts his head. "C'mon gorgeous, our last date was incredible." Getting closer to me, I began to take a few steps back.

And then suddenly, I'm pressed up against my car and one of Ethan's hands is gently grasping my jaw while the other is leaning on the car window.

Woah okay, what's happening?

I let out a nervous chuckle and before I can ask him what's going on, I feel Ethan's lips on my own.

They began to move against mine and I immediately pull away, taking a step back. I feel a gross feeling rise, immediately my chest races.

"Um-sorry, what are you doing?" I gape at him.

"Sorry, I really couldn't help myself." He says letting out a laugh. "I've been wanting to do that for so long."

My mouth is wide open in shock and I'm practically frozen. Not even letting me take in what just happened, Ethan steps forward to kiss me again.

"No," I place my hand on his chest to stop him and swallow a nervous swallow. Confusion struck a his face and I shake my head.

"You know, uh- I should actually get going." I tell him opening up my car door.

"You don't want to grab some dinner?"

"No, I really do have to go." I say as quickly as possible before getting into my car and shutting the door. I inhale a giant breathe into my lungs and try to calm myself down.

I turn to look outside my window to a confused Ethan staring right at me, making me glow bright red. Giving him an apologetic smile, I start the car and zoom the fuck out of the parking lot.