"The next morning she said that she was going on a run because it's helps to prevent any hangover symptoms. And I joined her. But because I was still wearing skinny jeans from the night before and because I'm not much of a runner, I only made it like three blocks before I caught a cab back to our flat."

"Now that makes sense." 

He leaned back in his chair, pride in his eyes at his ability to get all the details out of me. It wasn't all the details, seeing as I had left out the part where we made out and when she climbed onto the couch with me only to have me force her back to her bed after she woke me up from shivering at my lack of blankets. 

But it was close enough to the truth and what he wanted to hear that I knew he would be done questioning me. 

"She is quite fit" Liam mumbled to himself as he glanced around the cafe.

I decided to ignore his last statement and instead focus on the positives of the conversation. 

"Anyway, you should be proud that I'm taking things slow, just like you wanted."

"I'm glad to hear you took my advice, but you shouldn't be taking things slow for me. You should be taking things slow for you." He sat up and returned his focus to me.

"I'm trying." I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. "It's just really hard when someone like that is standing in front of you."

For the first time in the conversation, Liam actually looked like he was listening to what I had to say, and taking in how I felt. 

"You're really starting to like her, aren't you?"

"I am" I nodded. "She's different mate. I mean, when we talk she actually listens to what I have to say. I'm able to open up to her and feel comfortable talking to her about things. She makes being around her really easy and enjoyable, and you know as well as I do how difficult it is to find someone like that."

He glanced down quickly, taking in what I admitted to him. 

We both knew how much of a struggle it was to determine whether or not people were trying to be your friend and get close to you because of who you were or because of what you had become. He looked back up at me, a half smile making its way onto his face. 

"That's something worth working for then, right?"

I sighed again. "Yeah, it is."

"Keep that in mind. It's gotta be tough for her too, I'm sure."

"Of course, I know for a fact that it's hard for her. Especially when she's worried about what everyone is going to think and how her past relationships have shaped her thoughts about dating now." I set my cup down on the table and rubbed my eyes. I heard Liam lean down to where my head rested in my hands before he started talking again.

"When Sophia and I first got together, it took her awhile to adjust to everything, and I knew her before all the One Direction stuff. She's able to deal with everything better now but to be quite honest, its still hard for her at times. Just imagine how it feels for Riley to be seen with you." I picked up my head and saw him lean back in his chair, glancing at his watch. "You gotta see it from her eyes. Show her your willing to wait, to take it slow. That you're understanding of her and how she feels about all of this."

"I know" I gave him a small smile. Liam knew how to talk a lot and how to give his opinion on every single thing you should do, but he was also an incredible listener and friend.

"Thanks mate" I patted his leg as I slowly sat back up in my chair. He smiled back as we both looked around the cafe and all the people passing by. I'd been so consumed in our talk that I'd forgotten we were in the library.