Gaining Jia's approval almost felt like a competition in itself.

Now more than ever Heeseung needed to throw all his energy into the performance, he wanted to prove to everyone that he was meant to be an idol. He wanted to show everyone that he didn't need to be the center to show his abilities. He wanted, or more like needed to show everyone that he deserved to debut.

The I-LAND contestants were really pouring all their energy into this practice, since the performance was taking place the next day. There was one boy in particular who was feeling incredibly burdened.

It's not that he can't sing well, it's that he can't sing at all.

Can you do part one?

Niki shook his head trying to rid himself of the bad memories of the meeting. The last thing he needed was to remember the sting he felt on his chest when he lost his teammates' trust.

He looked straight ahead at his reflection on the mirror. His body moved with intense energy as he followed the music.

He would show everyone that he had the ability to be the center.

0 DAY

00:05:00

TEST 1

The producer team all sat down on their respective chairs. Aside from Rain, Zico and Jia, they also had Wonderkid, Doobu, and Son Sung Deuk who were performance directors.

"So we are all gathered here for the first test," Rain looked around the room.

"The signal song test," Zico nodded.

"Just to give a brief explanation," Jia said, "we'll get an average score of the team, and that number will determine the number of members that will be disqualified. If their score is below 70, six members will drop out and we will choose six members from GROUND to bring to I-LAND. If their score is above 96, then no members will be dropped."

The three performance directors nodded in understanding, they all had their pens and papers ready to grade.

"Wonderkid, what do you think? Do you think there will be dropouts?" Rain looked over to the guest.

"I'll have to wait and see first."

Jia smiled at how chill the director was. Rain also laughed at the honest response.

"Today, I plan to be merciless, and give them a cold-hearted evaluation," Rain told them, "this first test is crucial to them, this isn't just some cover performance."

Zico nodded, "Yeah, the song they are performing was specially created for them, this test is pretty much their introduction to the kpop world," he looked at Jia and waited for her to make any comments about her song.

"You are absolutely right, to me I-LAND is not just a building, it represents the kpop world in itself," Jia explained while looking into the many monitors that showed the beautiful interior of the building, "the song Into the I-land is a symbolic representation of the journey that is becoming an idol. I wanted it to be hopeful since I know that the contestants will face many struggles along the way," she said with a serious face.