31

Jia was honestly having a blast backstage. She was hoping to watch the performances in person but she had to stay in her waiting room so that her presence and performance would stay a surprise for the contestants. She had already finished getting changed and her team had finished doing her hair and makeup so she was all done for the stage.

"Good thing Bang pd-nim really decided to stock each room with top notch technology and furniture," she laughed while watching NCT Dream's performance from the huge flat screen tv mounted on the wall.

She was also trying really hard not to focus only on Jaemin, but it proved to be incredibly hard for her.

"Why is he so handsome..." she sighed in defeat as she gave in and continued appreciating his visuals, "Nana you jerk," she joked when she saw him throw a wink at the camera. Her cheeks were definitely warming up thanks to that guy.

Jia honestly was having a hard time dealing with her heart as of late. Reconnecting with Jaemin had awakened some memories and emotions she had buried deep inside, and she couldn't lie about the many times the contestants managed to make her feel butterflies in her stomach. She wasn't one to normally fall quick for pretty faces, and she usually tried to stay away from other guys because she was focused on her career but the contestants in I-LAND were truly special and had warmed up into her heart very quickly. If it wasn't Jaemin, it was one of the contestants... Her heart can't take such complicated feelings.

Jia suddenly remembered an event that happened not too long ago.

His warm breath fanned against her cheek as he leaned closer. She glanced at his lips before looking up to his tender brown eyes.

It was almost like she was hypnotized, once their gaze met, there was no looking away. What she didn't realize was that they were both getting really close to each other. Their noses grazed each other as K's lips descended upon her own awaiting ones.

In the blink of an eye, Jia found herself in the filming set of Method to Hate You instead of in I-LAND.

The cold breeze of the night time was biting at her skin, but her mind was more occupied by the man standing in front of her.

Jaemin's hand was softly tilting her head to close the gap between their faces. Jia knew there was a full crew surrounding them with filming equipment. She knew this was part of the script for the drama they were currently filming.

Yet she couldn't help but wish for this to be real.

His lips pressed against hers. He wrapped his other arm around her lower waist and pulled her tightly against him without breaking the kiss and instead he dove deeper.

Jia gasped as she found herself in the arms of K. She carefully backed away from the trainee before anything else could happen. She gave some lame excuses before she hastily left the area leaving behind a heavily blushing boy.

Her heart doesn't want to deal with complicated feelings but it can't help but look for them. Such a troublemaker honestly.

After some minutes of struggling to set aside the memories of almost kissing the handsome Japanese trainee and her actual kiss with Jaemin, Jia managed to clear her mind and focus on the present events. 

__________

It wasn't long before NCT Dream was already performing their second song, which meant that Jia had to start preparing for her own performance. She was honestly more nervous for this performance than for any other performance she had ever done. It had been quite a long time since her last live performance, and she hadn't been able to practice with her backup dancers as much as she had hoped due to the limited time but she hoped things would go well and without any incidents.

Jia took one last look at the smiling Jaemin on the screen before she turned it off and started heading backstage. She had planned to perform four songs in total, each of which showcase a different skill.

"Jia! Are you ready?" her manager appeared out of nowhere.

"As ready as I can be I guess," she tried to act calm, but her hands were getting sweaty with anxiety.

Her manager patted her head warmly, "you got this, JYP lost an amazing talented performer so today you will be able to show just exactly what kind of treasure they missed on!" he said with conviction. Jia smiled at her cute manager who acted more like an uncle slash older brother.

"Let's not talk about JYP when I'm nervous," she chuckled, "it'll make me want to puke for real."

"Please don't."

I-LAND staff suddenly showed up and started steering Jia towards the stage since NCT Dream were about to finish.

"Your backup dancers are already waiting and are ready in formation. All equipment has been double checked to make sure no incidents occur," her manager explained, "now all you gotta make sure is that you give those kids a performance they will never be able to forget."

"Easier said than done." 

___

A/N - Sorry for the short chapter, but the next one is in the works! I promise!

So little Jia gets a flashback of the close call with K but was interrupted by her own memory of the kiss with Jaemin for their drama Method to hate you.

I don't watch dramas because I usually get annoyed with people with little common sense and I dislike love triangles even more, but it looks like I don't mind subjecting other people to the things I hate haha. Also, this story has become a Jaemin vs. I-LAND trainees at this point and I'm okay with it. I will be putting more interactions with the other guys too, not just K. I've been obsessed with Jungwon and Heeseung as of late.