27

It had taken her a good minute of gentle persuasion for him to start talking, she wasn't sure what had upset Niki, but she sure hadn't expected for an issue to have occurred between him and K.

"I did an adlib in the choreography... I'm just scared that I won't stand out and that I'll be eliminated..." Jia could tell how stressed he was by the way that he kept fiddling around with his sleeves, "I know it was selfish of me, now K hyung is really mad at me..."

"Niki, it's okay, I understand that you were just trying to do your best but you gotta remember that a group with great teamwork shines even brighter than just an individual. K is just looking out for the team so you gotta trust your leader, he just wants what's best for your group," Jia gave him a few headpats, "not to mention, K oppa must be getting really stressed too, but that doesn't mean he should talk to you so harshly. Don't worry, I'll make sure to talk to him."

"Wait noona, I don't want to cause any more trouble for K hyung, you don't have to talk to him, he didn't do anything wrong! Plus we already talked so everything is great between us!" Niki shook his head vigorously.

"I see, well if you're sure then I guess I won't," she smiled, "it's cute how much you worry and look out for your hyung tho!"

"I just know that he cares a lot about you so I don't want him to think that I'm trying to get him in trouble with you," the boy looked at his noona shyly through his bangs. Jia choked at the sudden revelation, "Niki-ya," she whispered urgently, "I don't think that's something you should say, remember that I-LAND is always being filmed."

"Ah! I'm so sorry!"

"It's okay, let's just be careful, next time," Jia comforted the young trainee one more time before she sent him off. Now came the hard part, trying to clear out her mind of what Niki had just revealed. What was she supposed to do with that information?

"I gotta remember to stay professional with everyone," she shook her head before looking for her manager. She needed to go over some details with him for the special surprise she had planned for the next day, plus her first comeback under BigHit was also coming up. Unfortunately, when she rounded the corner at the staircase, she bumped into someone.

"Woah! Are you okay?"

"Wuah, I'm so sorry K, I should have paid more attention," Jia looked up making eye contact with the one person she wanted to avoid. Thank God she hadn't stumbled and fallen on him, the last thing she wanted was to make an even bigger fool out of herself.