Chapter Eight- Advance, Poland

After running from the explosion, Stalin sent Tatiana on the next train home. Nick stayed behind to help fight. When he thought he was alone he pulled out a little black box.

"What you got there?" Alexi asked. "N-Nothing." Nick said slipping the box back in his pocket. Alexi took it from him before he put it in his pocket. "Pretty. Who's it for?" Alexi asked. "Tatiana." Nick said, slightly embarrassed.

"She'll like it." Alexi said handing the box back. Embarrassed, he quickly slipped it into his pocket. "Get ready, we are going to advance through Poland, then Austria, Hungary, Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, Albania and finally Germany." Stalin announced.

Nick wasn't prepared. The army was leaving in the early hours of morning. Nick closed his eyes and pictured the one thing he wanted most. When he was done, a figure stood in front of him.

"Really?" He asked, an eyebrow raised. "You don't have to fight with us." Spencer said. "Most of us know the real reason why you're here." Luke said. "What?!" Nick asked confused. "You come here with that girl, didn't you?" Luke asked.

"Leave him alone." Andrew said. Pulling Nick away from the crowd of nosy soldiers he asked him one question. "Are you ready?" Nick nodded, not completely sure.

When the early hours arrived the army was already packed and ready. They advanced towards the border. Nick left a note for Tatiana in case she follows.

Poland wasn't what they thought. Bodies laid everywhere. The foul stench of bodies burning filled the air. People scared to leave their houses because of fear.

"What is happening here?" Nick asked. "Holocaust." Andrew said. "Its happening all over Europe." Alexi said. "Murdering of the Jews right?" Nick asked. Alexi nodded. Now it was every soldier for themselves.

Alexi gestured for Andrew, Spencer, Luke and Nick to follow him. Shots were coming from behind Nick. Relying on fast reflexes, he turned and fired. The two Nazis died. "Awesome." Andrew said.

"How?" Spencer started. But everyone that was with him started walking away. The Nazis were fierce in the war. They will do anything to please their führer.

At some points the Nazis wanted to surrender but no, they were still here getting destroyed.

Lying deep in the ground shots were fired on both sides. Many soldiers feel, blood covering the ground. It wasn't all that bad compared to the smell of dying Jews.

Nick had a terrible feeling in his stomach. A cold shiver ran up his spine. He knew something wasn't right. He wanted to leave but his feet wouldn't work.