Chapter four- 1942

Tatiana was asleep in a hospital bed. When she opened her eyes she felt dizzy. Two muscular arms caught her before she fell from the bed. "Whoa, I got ya, lil' lady." A male voice said.

"I'm Luke. A general in the red army." Luke said. "I- I'm T- Tatiana Romanuz." She said. Luke kissed her cheek before carrying on with the conversation. "Your Alexi's sister, Right?" He asked. A smile appeared on his face.

She looked over to the bed next to her. Nicholas was sleeping. Luke handed her a mirror. She saw a scar on her cheek and under her eye.

"Is Alexi, okay?" She asked. Luke replied "Alexi, um... well... he is fine." Tatiana stared at him for a bit, then she let out a breath. Luke looked over the newspaper. "1942!" He said. "What? Is it special or something?" She asked.

"It says here, America wants to end the war quickly. Stalin-" Luke red out. When he said Stalin she ripped the paper into a million pieces. Tears fell from her eyes. Luke sat on the end of her bed. He waited for her to calm down.

"What year is this?" She asked through her tears. "1942" Luke said. Tatiana grabbed the paper left by her bedside table. Luke got up to leave but Tatiana put her hand on his wrist.

She saw the condition that her friend was in. And she let Luke's wrist go. Luke saw how upset she is, so he sat next to her. "Everything is going to be okay." He whispered and wrapped her in a hug.

Then a doctor walked in. "Excuse me." Tatiana said. "I was wondering if Nicholas is okay?" She added. The doctor walked over to Nick's bed and check the medical records. "Well, it's kinda hard to say at the moment." The doctor said then he left the room.

She walked over to Nicholas. His face had a scar, right above his mouth. She ran a hand down the scar, then she remembered that she also has a scar but hers is under the left eye.

Just then a few soldiers came in. She turned and saw three soldiers that weren't familiar. Behind them was Joseph Stalin. She got so mad and yelled at him. "It's all your fault!" She yelled.

Stalin walked over to her and checked her condition. "Waters, Luke, return to the war!" Stalin said blankly. He then turned to Tatiana. "Why is the war my fault?" He said. "Why? Let's see... My friend could be dead from an enemy bomb, my parents could be dead and Alexi my brother... I-" She then burst into tears at the thought.

"I'm sorry. Wait you mean Alexi Romanuz, right?" Stalin added. Tatiana nodded. "Don't worry, he's still alive." He added then left.

Tatiana jumped from her bed and fell on impact. Her weight made her legs crumpled under her. She held the bed but it did nothing. The loud "BANG" echoed through the ward.

When she opened her eyes again all she saw was black. When her eyes finally adjusted she saw that Nicholas was no longer in the bed across from her.

She wanted to leave but couldn't move. Then the doctors came back in with Nicholas on his bed. "Miss, remain calm. And stay in YOUR BED!" One of the nurses called out to her.

After the doctors and nurses left, Tatiana wanted so badly as to talk to Nick. "Psst. Nick. Are you awake?" She whispered. Instead of a no, she got a moan.

Lying flat in bed, she grabbed the newspaper from today and red over it. "1941, May, 2nd" She whispered to herself. "Nazis advance closer into Russia." She added before putting the paper down.

Before closing her eyes for the night, she said good night to Nicholas. The weight of sleep was starting to eat at her soul. Without refusing, her eyes gently closed.