Lies (Part 1)

**Stiles's POV**

I was sleeping very comfortable, even though I was sleeping on the couch. But I woke up from screaming upstairs. I rolled out of the couch and landing on the floor with a thud. I tried to get out of the blanket, but I kept getting tangled in it. I had a little fight with the blanket, but then I won and threw it across the room. I rushed upstairs almost tripping every third step. I burst into my room, where I heard the scream. I saw my dad looking at Artemis as if she were a ghost.

"D-dad? W-what are you doing here?!" I asked him surprised. He wasn't supposed to be home for a couple more hours.

"Uh..I live here?"he said in a duh tone. Sarcasm, I'm rubbing off on him. He then looked at Artemis, who was standing on the other side of the bed.

"Artemis?" He asked in disbelief. She looked at me with a 'what should I do' look. I shrugged my shoulders, my mind was empty. Wow, Stiles.

"Uh...yeah?" Artemis answered, which sounded more as a question.

My dad looked at her again and looked at me then back at her and started to approach her. Artemis looked scared on what he would do. He would either scold her or take her to the station. Which we couldn't let happen.

My dad became very worried when we couldn't find her, a year ago. We kept searching night and day, but nothing and it sorta crushed him and broke my heart when they told us to stop searching for Art because everyone just assumed that she was dead. Artemis was like a daughter to my dad, since she grew up with me, he even said, and I quote "Finally you two are going out, even your mother said you two would eventually date", but that was when I was going out with her.

"My god, it is you" my dad said going up to her and hugging her. I saw Artemis stiffen, but then relax and hug him back. They hugged for a couple minutes, with me just standing there and looking around my room. I should really paint this room a different color.

"Where in the hell did you go?!" My dad said snapping back and looking at Art with a stern look.

"Uhhh...I...uh...well..." Artemis said nervously. Uh-oh. We did not cover this. I rushed up to the two of them.

"Uh..she went to Mexico" I said thinking of the first thing that came to my head. My dad looked at me, weirdly. "Y-yeah, she had a family emergency, and had to leave quickly... because it was an emergency." I lied.

"Allison and her father didn't say that there was any family emergency" My dad pointed out trying to find out the truth.

"It was...my dads side of the family...yeah there was a big catastrophe and I had to go" Artemis jumped in quickly and backing me up, like old times.

"And you didn't bother to call?" My dad said to her with an eyebrow raised.

"Uh...I lost my phone and we didn't have any other phones" Artemis said trying to sound realistic. I know how she doesn't like lying, especially to my dad.

"And what about writing?" My dad asked us more questions.

"Uh...they didn't have any pencils or pens to write with" I said trying to end this interrogation. My dad looked at me, again, strangely and looked at Art with a 'really?' Look.

"Y-yeah, my dads side of the family was really big on having family gatherings" She said with a sheepish smile. My dad looked at her with doubt and was about to say something, but shook his head.

"Wait. How did you get in here?" Dad asked her. "And why do you know all this? Have you known this whole time, where she was?" He said turning to me.

"What? No! No, s-she...we...I saw her and we talked and then it got late, so I told her she could sleep here" I said telling him somewhat of the truth. He sighed and scratched the back of his head.

"Well...I still need to take you down to the station right now and ask you other questions young lady" My dad looked at her.

"No!" I said too quickly. My dad looked at me. I cleared my throat. "I-I mean no, we...uh have to go to school."

"Really? This early? And you have already started school? I should have been informed about this" my dad said, mumbling the last part.

"Well, we have to uh..turn in a project, yeah and you just think about that and we'll be heading to school" I said pushing my dad out of the room.

I closed the door and let out a sigh. It was silent until I heard a chuckle from across the room. I looked at Artemis confused.

"Why are you laughing? This is no time to be laughing." I said trying to sound angry.

"Mexico? Really Stiles? Really?" She said shaking her head. "You should have just said I went with your cousin Miguel"

"Well I'm sorry it's the best that I could do" I said flopping down on the bed. I then heard Art sigh. I looked up at her beautiful face and sat up. "What's wrong?"

"You said we were going to school" she said sitting next to me. I looked at her confused.

"What's wrong about that?" I asked. She looked at me with her brown eyes.

"I can't go to school Stiles okay, two reasons ...one: I don't have clothes to wear...and two: there can't be two Artemis's at school" she said listing them off. I groaned.

"Ugh your right" I said running a hand through my hair.

I looked up at her and caught her staring. She then quickly looked away, but I happened to see a hint of red on her cheeks. I smiled. I then took her chin and made her look at me, and like I thought, she was blushing. We stared at each other for some time. I don't know why, but I started to lean in. I was so close to her lips, until my dad opened the door.

We both were surprised that I saw Artemis jump and I actually fell off the bed. I then saw my dad standing there with a confused, yet happy look? I stood up and brushed myself off. I then cleared my throat and looked at my dad.

"Well come on in dad, there's no need for knocking" I said sarcastically. My dad just rolled his eyes and ignored my comment.

"Uh...Allison and Lydia came by and dropped off some clothes for you" my dad said handing her a bag. She took it.

"T-thanks Mr. Stilinski, I'll go change and head off to school with them" Art said.

"Oh no, I told them I was going to take you" my dad said. My eyes widened. She can't go to school right now.

"W-what? Oh you don't need to, I can just walk or Stiles can take me" she said with a smile. I nodded my head.

"Yeah dad don't worry about it I'll take her" I said to him, but he just shook his head.

"No I already made up my mind, I'm taking you to school Art" he said leaving. I looked at Art and had a 'what are we gonna do look'. I scrunched up my face to think. I looked at her and saw bitting her lip, like she always does when she's nervous or thinking hard. That look made her look hot. Stiles focus.

"We do what we always do, we just wing it" I said to her. She sighed and shook her head leaving my room, probably to go change.